Thursday, January 5, 2017

Bumpdate || Week 37

37 Weeks

How far along: 37 weeks

Due Date: Still January 26. 2017

Baby is the size of: a tackle box, romaine lettuce, or a honeydew melon

Symptoms: Still suffering from major congestion and post nasal drip, which is causing vomiting. Between this and heartburn, I'm still sleeping sitting almost straight up on our couch. I'm so ready to be able to breathe again and move back into my bedroom with my hubby! Also, some period like cramping and pressure as our baby girl finally starts to drop. Plus, puffy swollen ankles and feet (but good blood pressure so no preeclampsia).



Movement: Even though she has pretty much run out of room, I still feel her wiggly butt all the time. She has started to move her hands more and I feel more movement in my pelvis as she is hopefully rotating from being face up to back up.

Nursery: Done! Or at least as done as it will be until our glider arrives. We ordered an armchair glider at the beginning of November when I had 11 weeks left and never would have imagined the projected arrival date would be 4 months from our order. It's seeming more and more like McKinley will be here before her glider. But, I'm still hoping to do a small nursery reveal soon.

Maternity Clothes: Nothing fits me anymore. I had to go buy 3 work appropriate t-shirts that I can hopefully wear on rotation until this baby comes. Even my maternity shirts are starting to creep up past this big belly.

Sleep: This section is a joke. I don't sleep.

Best Moment of the Week: I had my 36 + 5 doctor's appointment on Tuesday. I am officially 1 cm dilated, but I don't really think that means anything because I'm not 100% effaced. I have officially scheduled all my doctor's appointments up until my due date (only 2 more!). 

Missing Anything: Not being pregnant. Surprise, between throwing up multiple times a day for 5 months and having insomnia for the last 4 months, I haven't enjoyed being pregnant. Now that McKinley has gotten so big, every day only makes me more miserable. I am so ready to have this little girl. With the exception of feeling her move, I can't imagine that I'll be the woman who misses pregnancy.

Cravings/Aversions: Still getting heartburn from everything. I find that I'm hungry pretty often but fill up very quickly since there is so little room in my stomach now.

Mood: Relieved that we have our house ready for baby! Nervous that she will be here so soon. The idea of actually having to give birth is starting to get scary.

Health and Exercise: I am literally so sick that breathing is hard enough on its own without adding exercise to the mix. Two weeks later and I am still feeling this way. However, now that the rain has moved out, I'm going to start walking nightly, when my feet aren't too swollen. I'm ready to walk this baby out of me.

Weight Gain: +26 pounds. I've literally gained 10 pounds in the last 2 months. And to think I was worried for so long about not gaining enough weight throughout most of my pregnancy. I'm hoping to stay within 30 pounds, so no more than 4 pounds over the next 3 weeks.

Doctor's Appointment: I mentioned my doctor's appointment earlier! I always love going and getting to hear her heartbeat. Although she was not very cooperative last time and I only got to hear enough to know she's okay, she was way too wiggly. Also, why did no one mention to me that checking to see if you're dilated is super uncomfortable?? I don't know that I'll be asking for this at each appointment.

Husband: Champion of husbands! For Christmas, he sent my mom and me on a girls' day to the Spa at Chateau Elan. We had facials, pedicures, lunch at the restaurant, and massages. He also chauffeured us to and from the spa so we didn't have to drive. It was such a relaxing day! And he took the last week (between Christmas and New Year's) to stay home with me and we were able to get some many things done for our baby that we hadn't completed yet. 

Looking Forward To: Having this baby! The kids come back to school today and I officially have 14 school days left until my maternity leave starts, assuming McKinley does not come early. I love teaching but I don't think I've ever been so ready to not be teaching anymore as I'm feeling right now.

No comments :

Post a Comment