One of my last posts of 2015 was a health update. I had just found out that I had a rare brain condition that my neurologist told me would require brain surgery to maintain my quality of life. Obviously, that was pretty major news and the worst part was knowing I would have to wait until February 2016 to meet with a neurosurgeon.
I have now met with my surgeon and got some incredible news! Although I do have a rare brain condition (boo), it isn't actually threatening my quality of life. It also isn't genetic which means that our plan to have children this year or next is back on! Unfortunately, I do have to suffer through some super intense headaches every now and then and still have occasions where my hands, feet, and face go numb. But I would rather live with that than lose a chunk of my skull... You win some, you lose some.
I had an appointment with the gynecologist to make sure I up for having babies and even though I have to take 10x the recommended dose of folic acid to prevent neural tube defects, I'm actually completely healthy! I have an appointment in April to meet with a geneticist to hopefully determine a cause of a B12 deficiency and a follow-up appointment with the neurosurgeon in May to make sure my brain is still okay. Hopefully, after that, I'll be ready to finally have children. I know 26 isn't all that old to feel like I'm "finally" having children, but when you've dated your husband for 8 1/2 years it feels plenty old. :)
On an even more positive note, things are back to normal in the Blalock household. I've been cleared to exercise again and I'm a lot less grumpy. I only have 4 classes remaining until I finish my Master's degree and it's officially the 4th Nine Weeks of school. We are so close to Summer Break I can taste it.
And now, a photo dump since my life is back on track.
Traveled to Cleveland, GA for my best friend Kayla's 25th birthday.
We spent the weekend in a mountain house and visited The Cottage Vineyard and Winery. 
Brad and I headed to Creature Comforts Brewery in Athens with my sister and her boyfriend.
I celebrated Dr. Seuss's birthday with my team and resolved to lose weight. ;)
Life is pretty good when you finally get to live it normally again!

Yay, what absolutely amazing news! I am so happy to hear you don't have to have surgery and that you will get to start having babies :)
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you've received good news!! Looks like you've had plenty of fun events lately as well!
ReplyDelete