Thursday, October 6, 2016

Bumpdate || Week 24

Week 24

How far along: 24 weeks

Due Date: January 26. 2017

Baby is the size of: a cantaloupe

Symptoms: I FINALLY stopped throwing up around 18 weeks! Then I had 2 good weeks before I developed insomnia. My doctor has given me the OK to take 1 Benadryl every night to sleep (Benadryl has the exact same ingredient as Diclegis, which is a Class A drug). Without Benadryl, I typically only sleep for 30 minutes to an hour before I wake up feeling wide awake and cannot sleep for the rest of the night. Before taking Benadryl, I would go 3-4 days where I would have a combined 10 hours of sleep. So, now I'm feeling much better and mostly sleeping through the night! I also have heartburn pretty much every day, but I'm crossing my fingers that just means our baby girl will have hair!

Gender: A sweet baby girl! Officially confirmed at our 20-week anatomy scan.

Name: McKinley Lynn! We can't wait to squeeze and hold you!

Movement: My kid moves ALL the time. I love it. It's so nice to finally have a fun pregnancy symptom since this pregnancy has not been easy. She especially loves to move when her daddy talks to her or when our cat, Jules, is snuggled up next to my belly and is purring. Also, Brad got to feel her move for the first time last week which was super exciting!

Nursery: Bedding has been delivered, a crib has been ordered, and the closet has been redone. We are working on finishing painting her room so that we can start setting things up once the crib arrives. We just need to decide on a dresser now and get lots of cute decor!

Maternity Clothes: So... I'm still not really wearing maternity clothes. I bought 3 pairs of maternity leggings that look like pants that I can wear when I need to. But, for now, my belly band still works on my regular clothes and all my tops fit. 

Sleep: See above. I'm pretty sure I'm not really sleeping again until 2040.

Best Moment of the Week: Getting to hear our little girl's heartbeat at my doctor's appointment.

Missing Anything: The other day I was craving ice cream (first real craving of the pregnancy) and was so sad that I couldn't have cookie dough. 

Cravings/Aversions: Ice cream! Brad was sweet enough to drive us to Publix at 9:30 on Monday night to satisfy my craving and already has plans for us to get BOGO froyo on Friday for date night.

Mood: So happy. Every time McKinley kicks it puts a smile on my face. I love how fast she is growing now.

Health and Exercise: The last two weeks have been hectic at school and I haven't been exercising. :( I am definitely starting back this week! Especially if I'm going to be giving in to my ice cream cravings.

Weight Gain: +6.5 pounds

Doctor's Appointment: I just had my 24-week appointment yesterday and will go back at the beginning of November for my 28-week appointment and glucose tolerance test.

Husband: He is a trooper for sure! He gave up his football watching Sunday this past week to go hang out with his grandmother. Brad's sweet Mimi bought the crib for us as she has done with all her other grandchildren.

Looking Forward To: I have my first baby shower next week! It's just a short, small shower at work, but it's so fun knowing that my little girl is old enough to start showering now. I can't believe how soon she will be here!

Previous Bumpdates
           Week 4                                Week 5                                Week 6          
           Week 7                               Week 10                               Week 11    
   

2 comments :

  1. I'm so excited for you guys - i think I say that after every post! I'm glad you've stopped throwing up, but hope you're able to get some sleep too! Sleep was so rough during pregnancy, and its when you need it the most!

    ReplyDelete