Week 31
How far along: 31 weeks, as of Thanksgiving Day
Due Date: January 26. 2017
Baby is the size of: a small-clawed otter, my favorite animal, or a head of romaine lettuce
Symptoms: My insomnia seems to have cleared up for now. I haven't needed Benadryl to sleep in about 3 weeks. I do have pretty annoying backaches though that can sometimes make sleeping difficult. Other than, just generally feeling pretty large with heartburn, an itchy belly, nosebleeds, and round ligament pain becoming pretty common.
Gender: A sweet baby girl
Name: McKinley Lynn
Movement: She still moves all the time! Although her movements are starting to move from being sweet and cute to slightly more uncomfortable as she likes to chill out under my ribs.
Nursery: We now have all her bedding, her curtains/curtain rod, bookshelves and lots of decor ready to go. Her dresser is supposed to be delivered this week and once we have that assembled we will be more able to put the nursery together. We also ordered a glider and ottoman, but since we ordered it custom, it can take up to 16 weeks to be delivered. There's a pretty good chance MK will be here before the glider.
Maternity Clothes: Still rocking my three pairs of maternity leggings. I also bought 3 maternity shirts and a tank top. But, for the most part, I am wearing shirts and dresses that are a size up from my normal clothes and adding a belt to accentuate the baby bump if I feel like it.
Sleep: So thankful that this is better now. I had really missed sleeping through the night.
Best Moment of the Week: We had our maternity photos taken yesterday morning and we cannot wait to see how those turned out. Also, we bought a new car this week! I had been driving a 1998 Toyota Camry, the first car I ever got, so upgrading to a mommy-mobile (2016 Honda CR-V) was the highlight of my year.
Missing Anything: Being able to drink as much caffeine as I wanted. Despite sleeping through the night, I am so tired lately. I do allow myself caffeine every so often but having to limit myself to one cup of coffee or one soda every few days has been rough when I'm so sleepy.
Cravings/Aversions: As I'm writing this I'm craving anything fruity. Flavored water, lemonade, actual fruit, smoothies, orange juice. Give me all of it.
Mood: I am still feeling happy! Although I'm starting to get anxious about having everything ready by the time our baby girl gets here and also I'm feeling very ready for it to be January.
Health and Exercise: Still trying to go for walks around the neighborhood when I am able. I feel like I'm starting to gain weight in my legs/butt so I may kick that up a notch and add some squats and modified leg workouts.
Weight Gain: +13 pounds as of my last doctor's appointment (before Thanksgiving) so probably WAY more now ;)
Doctor's Appointment: I will go back on Wednesday for my 32-week appointment. We also have an elective 3D/4D ultrasound scheduled for this weekend that I am pretty excited about. Baby girl kept her face covered the entire time at our 20-week ultrasound so I'm so excited to hopefully see her this Saturday.
Husband: Well, he did buy me a new car this week and take maternity photos, so I have only good things to say about him lately.
Looking Forward To: Getting back our maternity pictures, which should be soon because our photographer is leaving for South Africa this week, going to our ultrasound, and visiting my best girlfriends this weekend as they help me shower/celebrate McKinley!
No comments :
Post a Comment