Wednesday, November 16, 2016

30 Things to Do Before Baby Comes


So, I've mentioned a few times before that I'm not a big goal setter. I just don't see the need because I feel like I'm a fairly organized person and if I want something done, I complete it then or add to my To-Do list and schedule a time to complete it. Although, I guess technically To-Do lists are goal setting, but that's neither here nor there.

It may not seem like it because the baby bump dates tapered off, but we are only 10 WEEKS away from meeting our little girl! I'm blaming the fact that Brad went on a 3-week business trip (he came back on Halloween) and I have been busy preparing to defend my Master's presentation (which I'm doing tonight!!) for us getting behind on everything we still need to do to prepare for McKinley's arrival.

We both decided today that we are officially approaching crunch time and we still have SO much to do. I am so glad to be finishing up my Master's degree this week and for Brad to be home indefinitely so that we can start getting all this done. So... without further ado, I'm officially goal setting and making a list of all the things we'd like to have done by the end of the year (since I'll be 36 weeks on December 29th)!

1. Attend 2nd baby shower and send out thank you notes.

2. Pack hospital bags
(mine, Brad's, McKinley's - probably doing this over Christmas break).

3. Buy, if needed, and install the car seat
(I would love to find a fire department or professional to help us with this).

4. Deep clean the house (also, probably completing over Christmas break).

5. Prewash all baby clothes (newborn and some 0-3 months), blankets, and bedding.

6. Contact insurance about a breast pump.

7. Make freezer meals (also, Christmas break).

8. Go on the hospital tour.

9. Attend breastfeeding and baby safety (CPR/Heimlich) classes.

10. Charge camera battery
(after holidays, then don't touch).

11. Stock up on necessities around the house (non-food items).

12. Inform family members of "Baby/Hospital Rules" after going on tour.

13. Take maternity pictures and discuss a newborn shoot with our photographer.

14. Make room for baby things in the kitchen.

15. Get flu and whooping cough vaccines
(Brad & I, plus immediate family that will be around).

16. Schedule a mani, pedi, and eyebrows close to baby's arrival
(probably least important).

17. Preregister at the hospital.

18. Make sure all bills are paid as due date approaches.

19. Buy "mommy mobile"
(I'm currently driving a 1998 Toyota Camry, time to upgrade).

20. Attend Benefits Leave course through the county.

21. Make so many padsicles.

22. Go on lots of dates with my hubby!

23. Continue writing to our baby in her journal.

24. Make sure the pantry is stocked with non-perishable items.

25. Decide who will be in the room when McKinley is born
(leaning towards only Brad, but, possibly my mom).

26. Organize baby clothes into size.

27. Complete nursery.

28. Take chosen baby items to be monogrammed.

29. Use our baby registry completion discounts at Target and Buy Buy Baby to get remaining essentials.

30. Find, order, and assemble nursery glider. Do the same for dresser when it arrives.

No comments :

Post a Comment