Wednesday, April 9, 2014

8. Take Hudson to a baseball game.

Remember this little list? If not, that's okay. I barely remember it some days too. However, I dis get to cross off one of the things from this list yesterday and I'm pretty excited about that. When I originally made this a goal I imagined that it would be just Brad and I taking our nephew, Hudson, to a baseball game. But after going with him plus his parents (Brad's sister and brother-in-law) and seeing how much work it is to take a baby to a baseball game, I don't think we will be trying that on our own anytime soon. Maybe a Gwinnett Braves game when he's a little older. For now, this one works just fine as the situation that enabled me to cross another goal off my list.

Last night was the Braves's home opener against the New York Mets. We have a ticket package this year and one of the games included in our package was the opening night game at Turner Field. This ended up being a pretty cool experience. Not only was it opening night, it was also the 40th Anniversary of Hank Aaron's record breaking home run (#715). If you're familiar with baseball then you know that Hank Aaron was pretty much the home run king, breaking Babe Ruth's record, and holding the title until Barry Bonds broke it again a few years ago (probably with the help of steroids, they kind of made a huge deal alluding to this during the ceremony for Hank).

So in addition to Hudson's first baseball game, we also got to see a pretty neat ceremony for Hank Aaron and the traditional Opening Night ceremony. Hudson loved it by the way, he was content and happy the whole time until some drunk teenagers basically screamed in his ear. I personally didn't appreciate it either.

We had a blast. I can't wait for the rest of our games this season!
Can't stop the Chop.



Each one of those people represents one of Hank Aaron's home runs (through #715).
Clearly that's a lot of home runs.


4 comments :

  1. I LOVE THIS!!! And so jealous you got to be there last night, even if they didn't win! I seriously need to talk my husband into a trip to Atlanta and we can go to a game together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try to convince him! Braves games are the most fun, I know we will be at tons of them this summer!

      Delete
  2. So fun! Braves games are the best, even if they lose...Maybe not tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love baseball games! I can't imagine how much work it is to take a little on to a game! And what a fun night for his game!

    ReplyDelete