My wedding is in approximately 5 1/2 months! I honestly can't believe that. It feels like we have gone from having 14 1/2 months to plan our wedding to it being right around the corner in the blink of an eye. Luckily, we have all the majors details planned now. We have sent out our Save the Dates, we just bought our wedding invitations, and have booked all major vendors. The last major thing to choose is the groom/groomsmen attire. We know what we want so we are waiting a while to actually secure the items, luckily, men's attire doesn't take as much forward planning as mine and my bridesmaids.
What we have started planning is the decor. Much of my decor will be DIY. I love a good craft project and can't wait to share little glimpses of how all our wedding crafts turn out. For now, here's some inspiration. You can totally tell we are going for the rustic vib, lots of burlap, lace, twine, and mason jars for this wedding.
We plan to DIY all our centerpieces and aisle decor as well as any other decorations we use for the wedding. If you've DIY'ed your own wedding before, is this overambitious of me and am I starting too late?...
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)






You're not starting too late at all! I think you're starting early, and the earlier the better! I had a lot of little last minute things to DIY the last 1-2 months of our wedding and that was a little stressful. It all gone, and I enlisted the help of family and the wedding party, but I wish I would have gotten more done sooner. I love your inspiration photos and can't wait to see what you create!
ReplyDeleteDIY stuff we did/are doing (1 month til our wedding) - the favors (mini honey jars), place cards, signature drink menu in frames, personalized mints. I think if you start now and just box everything up, you'll be good :)
ReplyDeleteooo I love your inspiration!! Looks like you have some fun crafting ahead!
ReplyDelete