Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: 24 Days

Oh my gosh, has it really been almost 3 weeks since I looked at this blog? I realize most of my readers don't care, but I really love using this little space to chronicle my life. Especially my upcoming wedding, which if you didn't guess by the title of this post, IS IN 24 DAYS!

SOOOO much has happened since my last wedding post. I had written about my first bridal shower, I've now had two more! Hoping to get those fun parties up soon! Our wedding RSVPs had to be turned in by this past Friday, so I guess I can finally show our invitations. Don't even get me started on how annoying it is to have guests not RSVP. I have to contact 50+ guests to determine if they are coming or not. I'd so much rather have someone give me a definite NO, then wait forever to see if they can say yes. Also, how hard is it to send back a pre-stamped envelope. But enough of that rant...

I'm already stressed out enough, let's focus on the positives.

First, I love how my invitations turned out! For $90 (on sale) and a lot of personal time. We were able to create our own invitations. The $90 was for 3-30 pack invitation kits at Michael's. I wanted beautiful invitations but was not a fan of shelling out $500-$1000 for invitations. As someone on a budget, I felt this was the perfect place to trim some money. I'm so happy that I love the way they turned out! You can see the pocketfold they slide into by checking out this prior sneak peak post. Also, I didn't blur out any details so y'all don't crash my wedding, okay?



Second, I had my make up trial with Amanda of LACE Cosmetics! I want to look like myself on my wedding day, only a more enhanced version. I have honestly never looked so good. I think the make up turned out fabulous! I can't wait to see everything (make-up, hair, dress, accessories) all together on my wedding day. Now if only my skin will cooperate for my big day...


Third, we got our marriage license last week! The state of Georgia is now legally allowing us to be married, so that's a big deal... Just by the way, how weird is it that you apply for marriage licenses and firearms in the same place? Since we were there, I applied for a gun permit to threaten Brad when he gets out of line, which is all too frequent :) Kidding, not only do I not own a gun, I've never even fired one or held one. Which is strange considering I come from a family of hunters and my dad has an entire walk-in closet devoted to his gun collection... Back to our marriage license...


Lastly, my dress is done! I had three fittings. An initial fitting and then two final dress fittings. I just picked my dress up this Monday! I am SOOOO beyond happy with the way it looks. Because I ended up needing a second final fitting, it worked out that no one could come with me... It was kind of sad and hard to get excited about trying on my dress, for the last time until the wedding, alone. I'm hoping that the big day is more exciting because I definitely didn't feel very bridal at my last fitting. I do think my dress is gorgeous though and here's a little sneak peak. For more about my dress shopping experience, see this post.


That's it! Who knows if this will be the last post until the wedding. If I were to guess, I'd probably say yes. Life is too busy currently, between teaching and planning, to keep posting. If it really is, thanks for reading. I appreciate all the good wishes and can't wait to share our pictures after the big day!

Wedding Wednesday

4 comments :

  1. SO Excited to see everything come together! I have been so busy with everything that I still haven't even found my wedding shoes!!! The invites turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay so close! It's been a blast reading your planning posts so far, and while I hope this isn't your last one before your big day, I can certainly understand if it is! Your makeup is so beautiful and so is everything else! I'm so very excited for you! I know you're stressed (omg 50+ RSVPs to track down?!?! Horrible!), but hopefully you can make some time for yourself to relax, step back and take it all in! If this is our last little communication before your day, please know that I'm praying for you and hope that everything is even better than you've imagined! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the sweetest! The last few weeks have definitely been stressful but I think we finally have things under control. :) Thank you for your prayers and good wishes! They mean so much to us!

      Delete
  3. This is so exciting! I love your invitations!

    ReplyDelete