The Liebster Award is an award this is passed from blogger to blogger as a "keep it going" award. It's for bloggers with under 200 followers and is meant to encourage bloggers to keep blogging! All nominated bloggers answer the questions from the person who gave them the award, and then they get to nominate their favorite blogs (with under 200 followers) and ask them questions. ( <---- Hello Copy & Paste :)
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging last summer after I quit my teaching job and moved to SC with my boyfriend. I wasn't really sure what I would be doing at the time because moving meant no teaching job! Despite a desperate search for one, a new job never presented itself. However, this blog quickly turned into wedding central after Brad and I became engaged about 2 weeks after I moved to South Carolina!
2. Where did your blog name come from/what does it mean?
My blog name came from my life situation when I began blogging. I had just ended one chapter of my life and was beginning a new one. Ending Beginnings just seemed to fit at the time. I'm still a fan, because I feel like I'm constantly ending one stage of my life only to start a bigger and better beginning.
3. What is one of your favorite blog posts or projects?
Despite being an avid Pinterester, I really haven't posted too many projects! That's just crazy because I'm doing them all the time. My favorite project was the Infinity Scarves I made for my best friends last Christmas! I'm also a huge fan of this Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip recipe which brings hella Pinterest traffic to this little blog. I honestly have no idea why because it's literally just a picture of me sitting on my couch stuffing my face with cookie dough dip. #noshame
4. What is your favorite movie?
MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING!
This is my all time favorite movie. It has been my favorite movie since I was probably 8 or 9 years old. I have clearly loved weddings since my birth. I think it's the most entertaining movie I will ever watch. I love when they all sing "Say a Little Prayer for You" and if I convince my guests to do this at my rehearsal dinner I will probably die of happiness. When I was younger I hated the ending. But now I think it's absolutely perfect.
Also, don't tell Brad but I totally wanted to name our cat Jules after Julia Roberts's character in this movie but I pitched him another story. P.S. Our cat really is named Jules.
5. Do you have a favorite TV show/series that you love?
I'm so embarrassed that right now I'm absolutely obsessed with "Married at First Sight". It's sooo good. I'm glad I never became so desperate that I married a perfect stranger though. I was also obsessed with "Mad Men" over the summer after discovering it on Netflix but I haven't had a chance to watch it since school started! My Fall TV guilty pleasure will be "The Mindy Project" and my all time guilty pleasure is "Dawson's Creek". Judge me.
6. If you never had to work again, and money wasn't an issue, what would you do all day?
Hmmm... I love baking so I would love to attempt to open a bakery. I'd need lots of practice and experimentation before this became successful though. In all actuality, I'd probably be a stay at home mom. This is what I used to tell people I wanted to be when I grew up while I was in kindergarten and it's still true.
7. If you could pick one celebrity to hang out with for the day, who would it be and why?
After reading my TV favs, it goes without saying that I'd love to hang out with Mindy Kaling although I feel like she'd be way too smart to hang out with me. But she is so sassy and drop dead hilarious (as am I, duh) that I feel like we'd hit it off. Also, totally on the Jennifer Lawrence and Anna Kendrick bandwagons.
8. What is your favorite holiday or season?
Well... I'm a white girl so obviously my favorite season is Pumpkin Spice Latte season. Otherwise known as fall. I love anything fall related and although I've never decorated for fall in our home (hello, stupid apartment), I just know I'd be marvelous at it. My favorite holiday is my birthday. Or Christmas. Or Fourth of July, since Brad and I got engaged on Independence Day!
9. Do you have any pets?
I have the cutest, fluffiest, fattest cat in all the land. Her name is Jules but we sometimes call her by her middle names of Fluffy Britches (which we pronounce in a French accent) or Snuggles. I also call her Julesy, Ladybug, and Cat. Obviously if it weren't for my fiance I would be a crazy cat lady and probably be found dead and half eaten in a house full of cats. Just kidding, hopefully it wouldn't be that bad.
10. What are your pet peeves?
Being late! To me, late is being on time. My version of being on time is at least 5 minutes early. I'm marrying a man whose entire family is notoriously late for everything (I'm talking like an hour or more late). When they die, they will be late for their own funerals if they even make it at all. This is a CONSTANT struggle in our household. No man should take this long to get ready! I also hate smacking and mouth breathers.
11. What is something you are looking forward to in the next year?
Getting pregnant and becoming a mom!
Just kidding. It will be a divine act of God (or Satan, more likely) if that happens to us. I have 27 1st Grade babies that I take care of daily plus 2 more at home (hubby and Jules). I'm looking forward to enjoying our first year of marriage! I'm so ready to officially start our lives together. I'm also excited about going back to school to start my Master's degree in Early Childhood Education! So, ask me about that baby in a couple years, because the plan is for Baby B to make an appearance about that time.
The blogs I nominate for a Liebster are:
Sadly, I haven't been a very good blog friend lately. I haven't searched out many new smaller blogs and the smaller ones that I do read have already been nominated. So, I'm nominating anyone who made it through this post! Congratulations, you did it!
And your 11 questions are as follows:
1. Why did you start this blog?
2. If you could have any talent in the world, what would it be?
3. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
4. Your house is on fire and you can only save 3 things (your family is safe), what are you taking?
5. What is your guilty pleasure?
6. What was the first CD (or cassette tape, 8-track, record if you're older than me) that you ever bought?
7. If you could see any band in concert, who would you see?
8. What's your favorite holiday or season?
9. As a child, who was your favorite teacher and why?
10. What's your dream vacation?
11. What advice do you have for a new blogger?

I had fun reading your answers! Being late is a pet peeve of mine too. My family is known for being late and I hate it, so I think that's why it bothers me so much.
ReplyDelete