Anyway, our wedding and reception was the best day of our lives thus far. It's almost time to share my favorite part of the day: the party! But until then, I'll share our cake cutting.
I know I'm partial but I really feel like we had one of the most beautiful cakes around. Not only was it gorgeous and definitely my vision of what we wanted our wedding cake to look like, but it was very tasty! At least it was a few days later when we returned home to copious amounts of leftover cake. We actually didn't even eat any at our wedding. Our bakery, Sugar Kneads, has been featured on the Food Network and offers a free re-bake of your top tier for your one year anniversary. No freezer cake for us! One of the biggest tips I can give to brides-to-be is don't get enough cake for everyone you're inviting to your wedding. We made sure our cake was large enough to feed everyone we invited. We did not take into consideration that not everyone would stay through to the cake cutting. Oops. If you want the large cake look, get a fake tier for the bottom. Definitely what we should have done.
Prior to our cake cutting, my dad gave his very sweet speech. My daddy is a perfectionist and hates to think that anything won't work out exactly like he planned it. It was so funny to watch our wedding video after and watch his hands shake because of how nervous he was! Luckily, he did great! He even made people laugh which is something he loves to do. And as per his speech, sorry we haven't given you grandchildren yet, Dad.
I was in a sorority in college and the majority of my girlfriends at our wedding were my sorority sisters. So, it wouldn't be a party without all of us singing our Sweetheart Song to my forever sweetheart. Despite all the times he's heard it over the years, he loved it.
"To you, my love,
I offer you my heart,
You know your Gamma Phi,
Has loved you from the start"
Next up, FINALLY, the party!
__________________________________________________
Venue: The Cotton Warehouse
Photography: George Street Photo & Video / Addison Hill Photo
Videography: Hammond Studios
Florals : JL Designs
Cake: Sugar Kneads
Cake Topper: Life's a Stitch
DJ / Photo Booth: Spectrum Entertainment
Bridal Gown: Galina @ David’s Bridal
Shoes: DSW
Bridal Bracelet: David’s Bridal
Bridal Earrings: Charming Charlie
Hair Combs: Ulta
Bridal Hair: Nichole Kendall
Bridal Make-Up: LACE Cosmetics
Groom & Groomsmen Suits: Savvi Formalwear
Groom’s Tie: Macy’s
Groom’s Watch: Kohl’s
Bridesmaid Dresses: Formally Yours
Bridesmaid Hair: Kaylan Spell
Bridesmaid Earrings: Walk on the Moon










Stopping by from the linkup. Your cake is beautiful! Totally agree with not ordering too much cake.. we had SO much leftover, and I ended up eating it all haha. But I'm pregnant soo, doesn't count right? =)
ReplyDeleteWow, I LOVE your cake!! My dad spoke at our reception, too, and it was so perfect!! I can't wait to see all your party photos next week, and I will definitely be back tomorrow to see what your surprise is ;)
ReplyDeleteYour cake is beautiful! We are doing something similar, but using striped ribbon instead of burlap. I can't wait to see what the news is tomorrow...I see a few hints that it might be a baby...but maybe not ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up!