Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday Five

What better way to get back into blogging than by joining in on one of my most favorite link ups? The plan was to share this earlier in the day, but internet issues prevented that.

So, where have I been for the last two months?...
Moving!
We finally bought our first house!

1.
Closing Day
2/27/15

Obviously, I'm pretty partial, but I think I have the cutest house around. It is everything we were looking for in a house. If you've been around here for any length of time, then you know that we looked for a long time (over a year)! As of today, we've officially been in the house for 1 month. We still have TONS to do but I'm looking forward to sharing some home updates soon.

So, what will we be doing with the house, you ask? Here are a few sneak peeks at some design inspiration we've been throwing around.

2.
This is fabulous! The rustic cabinet and the HUGE clock, love it!   
[ via || via ]

Our home has a large entry way and I'm looking forward to decorating it. As well as possibly throwing in some custom state prints from East West Design Co. to represent all the different places we lived before settling back here in the Peach State.

3.
doors Sunroom Love the ceiling
[ via || via ]

We also have a large screen porch on the back of our house. Our front door is a really great blue color and I think our ceiling would look awesome painted the same color. You know we're putting a ceiling fan out there too. Georgia summer heat = no thanks.

4.
I would love this (or something similar) in my dining room. LOVE the bench seat!!! by janis Adventures in Decorating Breakfast Nook
[ via || via ]

My dad builds custom furniture, so I already know we'll be getting the farmhouse table of my dreams. The only thing to decide now, is how to decorate our dining room. I love the idea of bench seating on the longer sides. But, then again, I also love the appeal of the comfy upholstered highback chairs too. Decisions, decisions.

5.
DIY Coffee Cabinet by Shanty2Chic DIY Coffee Cup Holder... For all my Starbucks mugs from around the world!!!!!
[ via || via ]

We were blessed with a larger kitchen, at least in our opinion. We have a huge breakfast area and it's begging for a coffee bar. I really love the cabinet and because our coffee bar wouldn't be going in an area with a window, I'm tossing around the idea of this little mug hanger too.

Yay! Now that you know we are officially homeowners', stick around for tons of home posts. Or follow me on Instagram [@morganlblalock] for more. Unfortunately, despite the hints that I was apparently dropping yesterday (?), you won't get to read about any little baby B's around here anytime soon. #notpregnant Not yet :)

3 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh, congratulations!! I assumed it was this or a little one on the way ;) Your house is amazing and I cannot wait to see how you make it yours! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the farmhouse table and can't wait to see it all come together. One thing I did for seating since I loved both bench and chairs I just did a bench on one side so I sort of got the best of both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on becoming home owners! The house looks gorgeous!! Can't wait to follow along on your home owning journey :)

    ReplyDelete