What you don't know is that I started the first semester of my Master's program this month also! I'm really not enjoying going back to school. :( Especially when it entails two days a week of 4:30-9:00 PM classes an hour away from my house, after teaching all day. But, it's the only way this girl is getting a much coveted raise, so I guess I can handle it until December 2016 when I graduate. But, all this work does mean that I'm missing that vacation we took last month, so I'm finally recapping it.
My 25th birthday was the day we arrived at the beach.
My sister and I both hate cake, so we've always had pies (mainly, ice cream pies) for our birthdays.
Ice cream doesn't exactly travel well, so my sister made me these Salted Caramel Cupcakes for my birthday. There's just something about cupcakes that I love, but I'll always pass on the cake.
We vacationed in Seacrest Beach, Florida and there are lots of little communities along 30A.
We were able to walk to dinner almost every night.
Here I am photobombing a picture of the Rosemary Beach community while we're on our way to get ice cream at The Sugar Shak :)
My mom had dreams of getting a family beach picture and even made us buy new outfits of whites and khakis (the quintessential beach outfit).
However, we never got around to it due to the weather.
But seriously, how pretty was this sunset?
The weather was super windy every day.
Which resulted in some rather yucky looking family photos but awesome daytime weather.
So, we went with a beach house photo instead.
Surprisingly, we did not take as many pictures as I would have imagined. I'm normally pretty good about photographing everything.
But on this vacation, we just lived.
And I'm okay with having the memories just in our heads.
Sometimes when I am having too much fun I forget to take pictures, looks like you had a lot of fun! I know how you feel with being busy and working so much, it makes blogging take the back burner and that is a bummer!
ReplyDelete