Monday, November 16, 2015

Road Trip...

... Let's all go!

So, we didn't head off to Harvard (please tell me you get that reference), but we did take a road trip a couple weeks ago.

By we, I mean my sister and I headed off on an adventure to Chattanooga. I know everyone is decidedly jealous of teacher schedules (you wouldn't be as jealous if you were actually a teacher) but going from Labor Day until Thanksgiving Break without a day off is tough. Especially when you have to start peeling 20-30 first graders off the ceiling every day beginning the week of Halloween.

I actually have personal days this year (unlike last year when I used them all for our wedding), so I convinced my little sister to go on a trip with me. This didn't take much convincing because she's still in college and it didn't take much to convince her. The weather was pretty yucky the day that we traveled from Atlanta to Chattanooga so we didn't get to experience as much as we wanted.

But we made the most of it. We had brunch at Tupelo Honey and then did some shopping. We also got to experience practice of a huge Crew competition which must have been a big deal because all the NCAA schools were there (UGA, UNC, Florida, etc., even schools where rowing is probably a big deal, such as Harvard).



We finished our day out at the Tennessee Aquarium which is about a thousand times easier to navigate than the Georgia Aquarium and didn't have 10,000 unruly children running around. Since it was a break from teaching day, I loved that :)



Life is tough when you're basically the size of an Emperor penguin.

We had a great time on our sisters trip, which was way too short. Maybe next time we will make it to a place that requires a plane or a longer drive. But, I'm still counting this as my 101 in 1001 road trip. And maybe next time I'll bring the camera for some real photos.

No comments :

Post a Comment