Wednesday, April 13, 2016

House Update

One of my goals for this year was to finally blog our home since it is essentially decorated now. However, I still haven't gotten around to that... So, for now, I'm sharing a few updates and some inspiration for how to decorate the rest of these areas since they are almost done! Or at least, done enough that they can be shown off in a home tour.

Entry Way
Follow my Entry Way board on Pinterest.

Our entry way currently looks like this. 
We have a big open area, so this refurbished dresser works great against our long wall. We also have a few more pieces on the other side of the entry that are not pictured. In the future, we are looking to add a runner in front of the dresser and some sort of coat rack or boot tray for our visitors because I hate when people wear shoes in my house. Unfortunately for me, I'm normally too nice to ask people to take them off, so I'm hoping something like that would help me out.



// Dresser | Wooden Sign : Similar Here| Lantern //

Dining Room
Follow my Dining Room board on Pinterest.

This is the room that took the longest to fill. But now, I cannot imagine it any other way.
Currently, the only empty room in our home is the bedroom we plan to use as a nursery one day. But until this past March, our dining room sat empty for over a year. This was always kind of a bummer because our dining room is the first room you'll see upon entering our house. However, we knew we wanted exactly this kind of farmhouse table and it was worth the wait. Unfortunately, you can't buy it anywhere because it's completely one-of-a-kind, made especially for me by my daddy. My dad is seriously the most talented guy I know. Everything is completely custom; the table, chairs, and bench but was inspired by this set of plans. Eventually, we would like to add a big rug under our table, curtains on the window, and possibly a bar cart. My parents mom has forbidden me from asking my dad for anymore projects because they are currently redoing their entire house. But, when they're finished, I would love to rip down that super high chairrail and replace it with Board and Batten.




Further Inspiration

// via //

// via //

// via //

// via //

No comments :

Post a Comment