This has definitely been my roughest year of teaching and I would be lying if I said I wasn't counting down the days until the End of the School Year (6 weeks or 33 days). However, I really felt like my class and I were finally turning a corner right before Spring Break and I'm hoping that feeling carries into the remainder of the school year.
Still, the first day back after a long break is always hard to wake up for. Especially when you are only working a half day like I am. I wish I was leaving school today at 11:30 for something exciting, but instead, I'm headed to see a geneticist and I know I will be headed back home from the hospital during Atlanta's rush hour traffic, which is amongst the worst in the county.
I can think of at least 10 things I would rather be doing... Like being on vacation again in Orlando. If you follow me on Instagram, then you may have seen that my little sister and I went on a whirlwind vacation this past week to Universal Studios.
My sister is a Senior in college and just so happened to have the same Spring Break that I did. Since, my husband absolutely hates Harry Potter (and reading in general, really), we decided to leave Brad and her boyfriend at home and adventure on our own to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
At the risk of sounding like a total nerd, I have read all the books probably 10 times and have watched the movies more times than I can count. My sister, luckily, shares the same passion for HP as me. Since she is still in college, her/our budget for the trip was a little tight and we spent two of our three days driving to and from Orlando. Our original plan was to spend some time at Cocoa Beach too, but the weather prevented that. So, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Orlando which is right across from Universal Studios and we were able to walk back and forth for Universal. We bought park hopper tickets and one day I'll do a post of spending 24 hours at Universal, but for now, I'm drowning my Post Spring Break Blues (those are a real thing) by reminiscing about my sister and me on our trip.
Harry Potter World did not disappoint, y'all.
12 Grimmauld Place
Hogwarts
The Knight Bus
Accio butterbeer.
"After all this time?"
In case you're as nerdy as me, you can purchase your own Deathly Hallows inspired "Always" tank here from EmmyBelleDesigns.
Here's hoping this trip was just what I needed to get me through the remainder of the school year.



No comments :
Post a Comment