Thursday, July 28, 2016

We're Having a Baby


Baby Blalock is expected to arrive late January 2017.
We are beyond excited to become Mommy & Daddy to this little babe.

I have a few backdated "bumpdates" that I'll be sharing over the next few days and then you can look for a new "bumpdate" every Thursday as that's the day I'll begin a new week of pregnancy. And if all else fails, maybe we can at least go with monthly "bumpdates" from here on out.

Week 14

How far along: 14 weeks

Due Date: January 26. 2017

Baby is the size of: A peach, a beet, or a lemon - depending on the app.

Symptoms: Unfortunately, I'm still throwing up at least every other day. I also ran out of samples for Diclegis and my doctor didn't prescribe more since I said I was still throwing up on the medication. We will see if my nausea and vomiting continue to improve or if it plans to stick around into the 2nd trimester. Other than that, I feel pretty great. Occasional headaches, sore boobs, and nasal congestion are pretty much my only other symptoms.

Gender: My momma's intuition was right! We are having a beautiful baby girl!

Name: Brad says he is leaving the suggestion of names up to me, so I guess that means we have our top two names already! Baby girl has a set middle name but we are still deciding on a first name.

Movement: I'm almost positive I'm feeling little jabs already. I typically feel them at night or when I'm eating so I'm pretty certain I'm feeling our little girl move but Brad is convinced it's still too early to feel her because she's so tiny.

Nursery: Still sitting empty for now. Once we find out the gender, we will probably start looking at some paint samples at least.

Maternity Clothes: I feel like I have a little itty bitty bump but it's not doing anything to prevent me from wearing my normal clothes.

Sleep: Not so great this past week. Some bouts of insomnia after waking up in the middle of the night and sometimes trouble falling asleep in the first place. I hope this improves before I have to go back to work next week!

Best Moment of the Week Pregnancy!: Finding out that I get to be mommy to a little girl was the best moment of all! 

Missing Anything: Nope and I am super thankful for that!

Cravings/Aversions: I still don't have any cravings really which I am super thankful for. Unfortunately, one thing that hasn't changed is my lack of an appetite so I must still be having some aversions.

Mood: As of today, I am feeling fantastic! I hope this feeling great thing keeps up as the new school year gets ready to start.

Health and Exercise: Started our nightly walks back and I'm hoping to start adding in some prenatal yoga and squats as well.

Weight Gain: +0 pounds. I had gained a pound since my last doctor's appointment, putting me back up to my pre-baby weight!

Doctor's Appointment: We won't go back to the doctor until August 18th. I'll be 17 weeks at that appointment and it will be my first appointment without Brad since I won't be having an ultrasound. Since I'm going 4 weeks between appointments again, I'm looking forward to feeling some more movements soon so I know our little peanut is still doing well in there.

Husband: Brad also thought we were having a girl but I think official confirmation that Baby B is not a boy was a little rough for him. He's super worried that he will love our little girl "too much", be wrapped around her little fingers, and be too overprotective. I think all those things are probably true and Mommy's Mini will probably be a Daddy's Girl.

Looking Forward To: Feeling our little girl move more and get bigger!

1 comment :

  1. I'm so excited for you guys and was thrilled to see your announcement on instagram! Little girls are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete