If you've read my blog for any amount of time, you've probably seen that we've moved around a pretty good bit over the last few years. Brad originally started with his company in July 2010, and worked in the Atlanta area. In October 2011, Brad moved from the Atlanta area to Charlotte, NC. I moved to Charlotte in August 2012 after graduating college to take a teaching job there and Brad and I started living together in NC.
In February 2013, Brad got promoted again and moved to Greenville, SC. I moved to Greenville in June 2013 after finishing the school year in Charlotte. After moving to SC, I tried forever to find a teaching job and it just wasn't in the cards for me. I took a much smaller, more flexible job to keep me busy and provide some income to help pay for our wedding. This was SO not what I wanted but we tried to make the best of it. I knew that God had a plan for us but it was taking such a long time to reveal itself that it often got frustrating.
One of the hardest times of my life was living in NC and teaching while Brad was living in SC. Those 5-6 months were so tough, but eventually so worth it. However, it's not something I would ever want to do again. Luckily, although it didn't seem like it at the time, I didn't get a teaching job this year and now I won't have to wait to move...
Because, Brad got promoted again! Brad is such a hard worker and I'm so proud of him. I think he deserves infinite promotions, but I'm kind of partial. This is my favorite promotion so far though, because it means we are moving back home! Brad is taking over the location he originally started at, way back in July 2010, but this time as the boss, a.k.a. General Manager. We are going to be so close to our families, especially his, who will be only 10-20 minutes from his new office. Although we will still be about an hour from my parents, anything is better than what the commute to them has been. I have tons of friends working in the school district we'll be living in so I have complete faith that this time I'll get a teaching job. I've already interviewed to start substituting and will begin that as soon as my background check and finger prints clear (and I'm pretty positive I've never been arrested, so they should ;).
I can't wait for this Georgia Peach to officially be back in the land of my people!

Yay!! Welcome home!!
ReplyDeleteThanks girl! I am SO excited! :)
Delete