Friday, January 24, 2014

Five on Friday

It's been a while... But I'm finally linking back up for my favorite link-up, Five on Friday. You can link your picks up here, here, here, and here.

1.
Starbucks Tiramisu Latte

Has any one else heard about this??? My all time favorite dessert is tiramisu and I definitely love a good Starbucks latte. I'm a sucker for the Pumpkin Spice (who isn't?) and the Peppermint Mocha. I honestly stick to the typical drinks throughout the rest of the year. But, if the Tiramisu Latte becomes a national phenomenon I may just (definitely) have to try it. Or you may find me making a trip to Jacksonville or St. Louis for one.

2.
Naked 3 Tutorials
 
I got the Naked 3 palette for Christmas and I've been trying out lots of new looks here lately. I have to admit, I don't watch too many beauty vlogs (maybe I should...) because I never feel like I have the time. I did discover these 5 quick tutorials though and so far, I love them. I tried out the Soft & Pretty look (#3) for my engagement pictures on Monday and my eyes looked fabulous! 
 
3.
Back to School
 
I'm not going back to school yet... But I have officially decided on a school for my Master's Degree. I wish now that I hadn't put it off so long (going on two years out of school this coming May) but better late than never. Now I just have to study for the GRE and get my applications in. Unfortunately I won't be starting until next summer, since I'm waiting until after the wedding to start. But I'm still so excited to have finally decided on this!
 
4.
House Hunting
 
We are going house hunting this weekend to hopefully find our first home! We can't wait to officially find our first home and get moved in. I am so tired of apartment life. Even though I would definitely do it again, it would be so nice to get a real home with lots of room. Now if only our list of wants wasn't so long... Luckily our real estate agent is pretty understanding, since she's been putting up with Brad's pickiness his whole life - our real estate agent is his mom. She's been great so far and she's a lot more willing to tell us what she does and doesn't like, more so than with her other clients. I guess we will see if that's a good or bad thing come this weekend...
 
5.
Get Your Rear in Gear

One year ago this month, my grandmother was diagnosed with Colon Cancer. Despite numerous rounds of chemo, my grandmother still has advanced cancer and has recently stopped responding to treatment. Her doctors are changing her treatments to a more aggressive type of chemotherapy. If this doesn't work, we really aren't sure what's next. There's nothing I can do to help my grandmother fight cancer, except pray for her. Unlike other diseases, I can't donate my blood, bone marrow, or organs to assist her in her battle with cancer. One thing I can do though is donate my money and time to benefit cancer research. Unfortunately it may not have a direct affect on my grandmother's battle with colon cancer, but it will have an impact on those in the future who will fight cancer and who hopefully won't have to, due to organizations like the Colon Cancer Coalition. I am running the Get Your Rear in Gear 5K on February 15 in Atlanta. I would love to be able raise as much money as possible for the event. I normally wouldn't ask for anything like this, but this race and foundation have a special place in my heart, if you'd like to donate, please check out this link.

5 comments :

  1. Sooo exciting about house hunting. I need to live in the present more, but I cannot wait for when that time comes for the hubby and me!!! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your house hunting process, its one of the hardest, best, fun times of your life!! Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with house hunting!! :) Visiting from the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love House Hunting.. I also watch the house hunters show!!! The eyeshadow Naked is amazing I have the 1st one and it has lasted 2 years can't wait to get the 3rd one and use these tutorials. Thanks :)
    www.thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, that tiramisu latte sounds amazing (I'm a fan of the peppermint mocha, as well!). They were handing out samples of a new caramel flan latte when I was in there over the weekend...guess they're launching some new dessert lattes! Love it!

    ReplyDelete