Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: Year End Updates

I can't believe we just passed two big milestones in our engagement! We have officially been engaged for 6 months, as of last Saturday, and we have less than 9 months until our wedding. I'm actually starting to fill some "pressure" now. Everything had come together pretty perfectly and we have hit some snags as of late. I've loved having my checklist to refer to in order to make sure I get everything done! I have definitely made a few alterations since first creating this list, I realized that I didn't need nearly as much as I thought I did!

Set a date {09.20.14}
Book venue {The Cotton Warehouse}
Book photographer {George Street Photo & Video}
Book videographer {Hammond Studios} 
Book DJ {Spectrum Entertainment}
Ask bridal party to be in wedding
Book caterer {Beyond Details}
Register {Pottery Barn & Bed, Bath, & Beyond}
Book florist*
Buy wedding dress {David’s Bridal}
Book ceremony musician*
Have engagement party {10.12.13}
Take engagement pictures {01.20.14}
Select bridesmaid dresses*
Select and order groom & groomsmen attire
Book cake baker {Sugar Kneads Cakery}
Buy cake knife & server
Order save the dates  
Finalize guest list   
Send save the dates
Book officiant*
Book Photo Booth {Spectrum Entertainment}
Hotel room blocks*
MOB & MOG dress shopping
Find wedding shoes
Find wedding jewelry
Find dress lingerie/garter
Book makeup artist & hair stylist
Hair & make up trial
Final hair trial
1st dress fitting*
2nd dress fitting
Order invitations
Mail invitations
Book rehearsal dinner venue
Buy Rehearsal Dinner dress
Order koozies for rehearsal dinner
Make & Paint Corn Horn Boards for RD
Buy bridal party gifts
Make bridal party gift tags
Bachelorette party
Make DIY Décor for Reception (Vases/Signs/Etc.)
Purchase wedding band (Brad)
Get marriage license
Book transportation from reception to hotel
Book honeymoon & Get Passports
Rehearsal Dinner invitations
Buy Alcohol for Reception
Book Hotel for Night Before & Saturday Day (My Family & Bridal Party)*
Music selections to band and ceremony artist
Book wedding night hotel room
Order thank you notes
Wedding Day - become Mr. & Mrs. B!!! 
We have got a lot coming up in the next few months and even managed to get a few things planned over our Christmas and New Year's holidays. Sunday night, my mom booked our hotel rooms for the night before the wedding. My family doesn't live close to our wedding venue so my parents, my bridesmaids, and I have rented hotel rooms at a tiny little hotel right across the street from our wedding venue. The best thing about this little hotel is that it's so small we actually have the whole thing to ourselves, and it's gorgeous! We weren't planning to reserve rooms this soon, but I also called to book hotel room blocks for our guests over the weekend and every hotel was sold out, so I got nervous about making sure our rooms were reserved. The city I'm getting married in is so small it doesn't really have hotels, at least not any place nice. The nearest hotel rooms are about 20 minutes away in Athens, GA. I was considering booking a few rooms for my family and friends who don't live in the area (all Brad's do), but when I called I found out that it's a football weekend (clearly we aren't UGA fans, since we didn't bother to check the football schedule when we chose our wedding date) - I quickly decided that it's not worth booking the rooms. All hotels require you to arrive on Friday and check out on Sunday, not to mention rooms are over $200 a night. No one I know would want this, even with a group discount, so we decided against booking rooms for our guests. I feel like maybe I'm messing up etiquette wise, however, I hope everyone understands! It just didn't make sense.

We have ran into a few snags with booking our officiant. I reached out to someone at Brad's grandmother's church and while the pastor seemed genuinely happy to help us, he was already officiating another wedding that day. Currently we are talking to someone from Brad's dad's church and hopefully that will work out. That's the most important part of the wedding and we have yet to find anyone :(

We do have appointments with florists next weekend (which I'll be attending solo, Brad says flowers can be all my deal :) and our engagement pictures in the next week and a half! After our engagement pictures I'll be sending out save-the-dates as our families and ourselves are working on our final guest lists. My bridesmaids and I are also going shopping for their dresses and I have my first dress fitting on February 9. I know I'm probably a little early on the whole fittings thing but I'm hoping it will motivate me to get into the shape I want to be in for our wedding!

My favorite thing that we are working on right now though is our ceremony musician. The musician that we have almost 100% chosen, is the mother of one of my kindergarten babies from last year! Her mother is super talented. She arranges your songs so that they fit your venue and also writes her own music. Unfortunately her website is down right now, otherwise I would have all of you go look at it. Our wedding date is actually her daughter's birthday, so how special would it be if one of my former students and her mom are able to attend and have such a big part in my wedding? I'm so looking forward to it.

Chits and Giggles

2 comments :

  1. You have gotten so much done! We were really productive over Christmas break too, which is a relief. We are ordering bridesmaid dresses in the next 2 weeks (finally...oops) and were able to get a few other fun things done (we have our menu tasting and meeting our florist in Feb!) It's crazy that it's going by so so quickly. I can't believe that these things are already getting done. It's nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job knocking off some stuff from your list! The hotel you guys booked sounds incredibly charming - and convenient!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete