To Do in February
2. Begin Substitute Teaching. What?! Finally starting this. Now that I know where we are going to be for the next few years (GEORGIA!), I can officially start trying to find another teaching job. Don't let anyone talk you into believing that teaching is a safe, fall back career. It is incredibly hard to find a teaching job. In most cases it becomes more about who you know instead of how well you teach. So, I jumping on the substitute train in the hopes of landing another teaching job eventually. And since this is about who you know, if you know anyone that can help me find a job in Gwinnett County, holla at ya girl. But really...
10. Do a walk/run that benefits colon cancer research. This is official. It just hasn't happened yet. I'm running the Get Your Rear in Gear 5K next Saturday and I'm pretty sure I'm ready. I don't know if I'll be able to run the whole 3.1 miles, but I'm ready to try. Also ready to get my resolution of 12 in 12 races started this year.
12. Be Katie's patient for her Dental Hygiene clinicals. One of my best friends is in her last semester of Dental Hygiene school and offers incredible rates for dental services. I can get the custom bleaching trays made for my teeth for like $60 instead of the $600 my dentist normally charges. Not only is this a good deal for me, but it's also a good deal for Katie who is always looking for patients to practice on.
38. Print and display our engagement pictures. They're in! I am so excited and can't wait to show them off in the next few weeks on the blog. I also really want to get a few printed out. I don't know about displayed since we don't have anywhere to live but we will see.
56. Raise money for a cause on my blog. Right now I'm trying to raise money for the Colon Cancer Coalition. This organization is sponsoring the 5K I'm running this month and I would love to be able to raise some money for them. This is especially dear to my heart as my grandmother is suffering from Stage IV colon cancer. Please, please check out this link! You could be the first donor!
81. Move back to Georgia. When I put this on my 101 in 1001 list, I really didn't think it would happen. Especially not anytime soon. Surprisingly enough, a month later I found out we were moving back home. Right now we are living in a hotel and in a few weeks we are officially moving out of our apartment back in Greenville. We are about to have truckloads of stuff and nowhere to put it and I'm okay with that.
I also have some general goals for this month. Such as, decide on a florist for our wedding, pay off any wedding bills we are able to, and finish registering for our wedding. Then after that, SAVE, SAVE, SAVE. Because we are hopefully buying a house!

No comments :
Post a Comment