Thursday, February 27, 2014

goals // lately

I can't believe tomorrow is the last day of February! I mean, obviously February goes by the fastest of all the months anyway, but did anyone else feel like this month flew by particularly fast? At this point I'm probably writing to no one since I doubt anyone is still reading considering I rarely make an appearance around this little blog anymore. If you are, thanks!

My life has been CRAZY this month which is probably why it feels like this month went by so fast. And here's why... (I'm updating my February goals for this month too which funnily enough I was able to complete almost all of them.)


2. Begin substitute teaching. Started my month off by FINALLY getting back in a classroom after almost a year long break (I quit teaching last June when I decided to move to SC to be closer to my fiance). I've had sub jobs almost every day (except for that stupid snow week) and am so looking forward to the day when teachers become familiar with me and I don't have to drive all around Gwinnett County just to have a substitute position for the day. I also got offered the chance to interview for a long term sub job. I guess they really wanted me too because I definitely didn't show up for my interview [long story about miscommunication that I'll save you from] and they still called me back to try and schedule another interview. I eventually turned down the interview though because the school is so far from where we are living and not in a very nice (i.e. safe) area. The opportunity definitely got my spirits up though and I'm hoping and praying that an eventual job offer comes out of all this subbing.

10. Do a walk/run that benefits colon cancer research. On February 15th I ran the Get Your Rear in Gear 5K in honor of my grandmother who is battling Stage IV colon cancer. I finished the race, though I definitely walked some. In case you didn't know, Grant Park in Atlanta is incredibly hilly and having a 5K there is a terrible idea.

In Honor Of
My Grandma, Sharon Turner

My friend Kayla and I ran the race together as part of our 12 Races in 12 Months Resolution.

 Post race.
I'm embarrassed to share this, but, I ran that 5K in 38:36.
Will definitely be working to decrease that time.

12. Be Katie's patient for her Dental Hygiene clinicals. Didn't get around to this during February. Hoping to complete this in April during Spring Break.

38. Print and display our engagement pictures. I haven't done this yet... But that's okay because we have no house to put them in as of right now. They are pretty fabulous. If you haven't seen the few I have shared be sure to check them out.

56. Raise money for a cause on my blog. I tried this. I really did. But unfortunately I didn't raise any money for the Colon Cancer Coalition. Not giving up though. I'm sure I will find an opportunity to raise money again with hopefully more successful results.

81. Move back to Georgia. GIANT GIANT check mark on this one. My favorite of all my goals. Brad and I officially moved back to Georgia last weekend. A giant semi truck pulled into our apartment complex in South Carolina and hauled away all our things. They even packed for us! Which is super nice except for the fact that I'm an idiot and packed my wedding band among our belongings that will be in storage for the next several months. Also, I packed it away and the box was put on the truck before anyone from the moving company verified that it existed. This now means that it could easily be stolen or misplaced and there won't be anything we can do about it. I am counting down the days until our belongings finally make it to storage and they double check for my ring. Also, we no longer have a place to live and are currently living in a hotel for the next few months until we find something more permanent.

Last time driving into our apartment complex.
I wish I'd had the chance to give y'all and apartment tour.
I know apartments aren't for everyone, but ours was pretty fabulous.

So thankful the movers packed for us, because this is literally all I got done on my own...

Our apartment came nowhere close to filling up this tractor trailer.
I know our neighbors hated us that day.

Also, in other news. We finally booked our wedding florist meaning that all the big wedding plans are officially tied up and only the small things are left. Now if only the wedding bills paid themselves as easily! 

If you're still reading this, I promise I will make a grand return to blogging because I have lots of exciting things I'm keeping hidden away for a while. I also promise to become more interesting once I am no longer living in a Hampton Inn. Thanks for sticking with me while I blog about my life from the no-tell motel :)

No comments :

Post a Comment