Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: The Sweetest Thing

Obviously this post is way late tonight. I hadn't planned to post anything really until after the wedding. But, the sweetest thing happened to me today and I just had to share. Plus, I got the pictures from my second bridal shower back in August and I wanted to document that too!

My 2nd bridal shower was thrown by my future MIL, Valerie, and my future sister-in-law, Allison. This shower included all the ladies from Brad's side of the family (both dad's and mom's families) plus my mommy. It was held at the clubhouse of a local subdivision.

Check out those little fruit tarts in the middle.
Fruit, whipped cream, and sugar cookie cups. Too die for.
So were those cucumber sammies cut into hearts. I love cucumber so much it hurts.

The invitation to my bridal shower (in the middle) was gorgeous!

Spoiled.

Loving all these goodies that my mommy got us.
Can't wait to start a gallery wall with that print.

Brad's aunt Janet makes these lace doilies and I am so excited to get ours framed.
I loved handmade gifts like this.

I look so angry (Hopefully I was talking?).
Actually I'm beyond thrilled to finally have some matching dishes. Our plastic ones were getting old.

I promise my mommy and I love each other. 
We were trying to make sure we got the "Here Comes the Bride" sign in the picture.

My two mommies.

The lovely hosts.
Brad's sister and mom.

We let a boy come to my shower!
My sweet nephew (and ring bearer) Hudson provided lots of entertainment and slobbery kisses.

And now, what's the sweetest thing that happened today? I went to get my eyebrows waxed after work today. I have been putting it off forever because I wanted them done as close to the wedding as possible. However, I also wanted to give my skin some time to heal before the wedding. When you have nasty eyebrows like mine, honestly, they are the thickest, darkest, eyebrows in the world, you have got to feel bad for the lady waxing you. 

Knowing that I hadn't waxed my eyebrows (or plucked them, yikes) in probably a month, I was planning to give a much larger tip than normal. I found the closest nail salon to my school and got to go back really quickly. I tend to zone out a little bit when I'm getting my eyebrows waxed. I've been having this unibrow waxed for so long that it doesn't even hurt anymore. I've actually fallen asleep before. Needless to say, not much talking was happening between me and the lady tasked with waxing these brows. Right before she finished, she asked me if I was a teacher. When I answered yes, she then asked me if I was Ms. Blalock (already going by this at school). When I told her yes, we both realized that she is the mom of one of my students. She told me that her daughter talks all the time about how I'm getting married.

I was hoping to leave an even bigger tip than normal when I went to pay. However, she surprised me with a free eyebrow wax and a gift certificate to come back to get my nails done for my wedding! I definitely did not expect that. It not only made my day but made me tear up too. It was the sweetest, most generous thing anyone has done for me (at least in a very long time). I hope she didn't think I was too weird when I gave her a huge hug when I left...

Wedding Wednesday

5 comments :

  1. Aw that was so sweet of that woman! Its the small things :)

    tattered to taylored

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a kind gift! Your shower looks beautiful! I also have one of those "B" signs, except mine has a "P". I love seeing it in our home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet of that lady to do that for you!! And that bridal shower looked wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet and thoughtful. Those parents who truly appreciate their child's teachers are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww I got goosebumps! That is such a sweet gesture of your student's mom to do that!

    Your shower looked lovely, too!

    ReplyDelete