ONE. I started off 2016 with a pretty recent (November 2015) diagnosis of a relatively rare brain condition. We, meaning my husband and I, went into this year thinking that I would be having brain surgery to fix the condition and would be out of work for several months. We also thought our dreams of having children were starting to look significantly different. This picture was taken in February when I was at the lowest place of my life. I couldn't exercise, sleep, eat and I was honestly probably depressed. I weighed more than I ever had and was feeling worse than I ever had too.
TWO. Fast forward three months to April. My neurosurgeon said my condition wasn't as significant as previously thought. I wouldn't need brain surgery and he gave us the all clear to try to have a family since my condition wasn't genetic. He also lifted all restrictions on my day-to-day life. This meant I got to start exercising again. I lost weight, I felt better. I rode roller coasters, something I had been told I would never be allowed to do again. This picture was taken in April at Universal Studios where I traveled on my Spring Break with my little sister.
THREE. BEST DAY EVER. Brad and I found out we were expecting and that has completely changed the rest of our year. To go from four months earlier thinking that we would not be able to have children to finding out we were blessed enough to actually be incredibly fertile and conceive on our first try was the most amazing feeling ever.
FOUR. Getting to announce that we are becoming parents was the most amazing feeling. We took this picture on the same beach we got engaged and it was so wonderful to realize how far we have come. I'm so thankful to God for delivering us through one of the most stressful times in our lives and blessing us with this experience.
FIVE. This picture was from the day we found out our baby is a girl! Getting to raise a daughter is going to be the most wonderful experience. I can't wait to hold her in January! Our year isn't finished but I think it will most likely revolve around her, with a little us time, as we prepare to welcome her into our lives.



You have had quite a year!!! At least it turned around for the better. Congrats on a baby girl! I am expecting a baby girl in December :)
ReplyDeleteso exciting!!! just wait until the baby comes :) mine was born last january! it's the BEST. sending you best wishes
ReplyDeleteYay! My "baby" girl just turned one on Sunday! You will love being a mom. I loved having a fall / cold weather baby...so much easier to snuggle!
ReplyDelete