1.
Size Matters
Having grown up around Atlanta and having lived in Charlotte, NC for a year, I feel like I'm used to relatively big cities. Although Charlotte is loads smaller than Atlanta and I'm sure Atlanta pales in comparison to NYC or Los Angeles. They've all got something on downtown Greenville. Greenville is probably the smallest (relatively) major city I've ever been to. Everything is basically one street (Main Street) and it still has adorable little shops like a General Store. It was like stepping back in time (they don't even use area codes here). Downtown Greeville was definitely the most attractive little/big city I've been too!
2.
Taco Mac Comps
I'm not really a sports bar kind of girl, but if I have to go to one, hands down I'll try to find a Taco Mac. Unfortunately we don't have a Taco Mac in downtown Greenville or South Carolina for that matter. What we do have is a Carolina Ale House which is the closest thing I think I'll ever find to a Taco Mac. Downtown has a really neat one with outdoor seating and a rooftop bar. Because my friends and I have recently decided we are way too old for going out (or maybe it was all the wine we drank Friday night when they finally made it to SC), we decided to have a relatively quiet Saturday night and visit our local CAH which has killer margs.
Emma and I
Kayla & Katie
3.
Falls Park
Sunday afternoon we went back downtown to Falls Park. Greenville was built around the Reedy River and it runs through downtown. They have honestly created one of the most beautiful parks I've ever seen.
4.
Photo Shoot
Since Greenville is so incredibly pretty, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to take plenty of pictures. Honestly, the only thing that would've made last weekend better would be if my sister had been able to join us.
5.
Southern Fried Cotton
I'm obsessed with the cutest little t-shirt company downtown. Based out of Greenville/ Clemson, Southern Fried Cotton is inspired but all things Southern. Think cotton, bow ties, sweet tea, and bird dogs. All of these are things I can get really get behind. Except sweet tea, I hate that stuff (didn't stop me from buying the shirt though). It's like I'm not even from the Bible Belt... Check out SFC's online website as well, they've truly got some really adorable stuff. I picked up these two over the weekend.
You can link up your favorites for Five on Friday here. I can't wait to read them! Have a wonderful weekend ladies! I'm in for a very relaxing one here at home with my future hubby and kitty.
.jpg)

.jpg)






I use to live in Charleston and I would rarely venture downtown. There is just something about living in a city that makes you not take the time to play tourist. Love Greenville though! Sure a cute city and Falls Park is gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteRight? I hardly ever went downtown when I lived in Charlotte. I do love Charleston though! But I guess if I lived there it probably wouldn't seem as special as it does to me now.
Deletegreenville has such a cute downtown! you have to eat at brick street..they have the best cake ever!
ReplyDeleteI will have to check it out for sure! I have been downtown yet with my fiance so maybe we'll have to try it soon!
DeleteLove parks in the middle of larger cities! Pittsburgh has a few of those and I love getting lost in them when I get in touch with nature again.
ReplyDeleteVisiting from 5 for Friday!
Cheers,
Alyson