Wednesday, November 26, 2014

#blalockbash: Our First Look

I think it's pretty great that in my whole series of wedding posts, our First Look, came just in time for Thanksgiving. The only thing more appropriate would have been our actual ceremony pictures. I'm so incredibly thankful to be married to this man. I can't imagine life without him.

Although a First Look isn't for everyone, I'm so glad that Brad and I decided to have one. One of the main factors behind our First Look was that we wanted to keep our guests waiting for as short a time as possible after the ceremony. With coming from large extended families, we knew that the majority of that time would be taken up with family photographs, so we decided to see each other before and knock out the majority of our bride and groom photos.

Our first look took place in the garden of our venue, where our ceremony took place as well. The setting was really beautiful and made our pictures that much better. Just like the rest of our wedding day, I wasn't nervous at all to go see Brad. I was beyond excited to see him after being apart for the entire night before and day. Brad however, looks super nervous in our pictures.






Brad and I have kind of a strange relationship. Obviously we love each other and can be very loving. However, we also love to pick on one another. For example, when Brad changed into his suit earlier that day, he sent me a text saying he was sorry he was going to show me up but he looked way too good in his suit that everyone was going to be looking at him. So, when Brad turned around to see me and was speechless, that was not something I was expecting. I think the only word he managed to muster for the first few minutes was "Wow." Luckily for us, I took over and did all the talking, which is pretty typical. It's so strange, considering we had two photographers and a videographer there with us for this moment, but it really did feel like we were the only people around.







_________________________________

Videography: Hammond Studios
Florals : JL Designs
Bridal Gown: Galina @ David’s Bridal
Shoes: DSW
Bridal Bracelet: David’s Bridal
Bridal Earrings: Charming Charlie
Hair Combs: Ulta
Bridal Hair: Nichole Kendall
Bridal Make-Up: LACE Cosmetics
Bridesmaid Dresses: Bill Levkoff @ Formally Yours
Bridesmaid Hair: Kaylan Spell
Bridesmaid Earrings: Walk on the Moon
Groom & Groomsmen Suits: Savvi Formalwear
Groom’s Tie: Macy’s
Groom’s Watch: Kohl’s

Wedding Wednesday

Happy Thanksgiving!
I hope everyone has a wonderful time celebrating with their family and friends. I know I am so excited to eat all I want and get my hands of some good deals this Black Friday.

2 comments :

  1. Love the first look! You two are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are too cute! I know that I definitely want a first look for exactly the reasons you mentioned, it just seems to make the most sense. Enjoy your friday && shopping! :)

    ReplyDelete