I'm so excited to finally be linking back up with all the regular Five on Friday ladies.
I'm sure you know the drill by now as well.
1.
Thanksgiving Break!
At about 3:15 PM today I will be dancing just like this little guy. Cross your fingers that all my 1st Grade kiddos have left the room by then. So far no one has missed the bus this year and if that happens today I just might cry. I am so excited to have FIVE whole days off for Thanksgiving Break! My last school district only gave us 3 days off so I'm feeling all kinds of spoiled this year. I can't wait to spend time with my family and do a whole lot of nothing (but eat) for a few days.
2.
Early Christmas Gifts
Nothing makes me happier than getting Christmas gifts out of the way. I love shopping for others but hate the time crunch that often comes with the Christmas holidays. While on Pinterest a few days ago, I immediately came across the most perfect pin that reminded me 100% of my little sister. You better believe I tracked this little baby down and purchased it immediately. I think I must have gotten the last one too because as soon as I ordered, it disappeared! Lucky me!
3.
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Chili
This recipe is currently simmering away in my crockpot at home and I'm hoping it's as good as it sounds. My parents are coming over tonight to have dinner with Brad and I and I just love trying new recipes on them. I have to try new recipes when we have guests because my husband is so incredibly picky. He's a lot more likely to eat something new when it's not just his belly being filled.
4.
Employing my Parents
One of the main reasons my parents are coming over, besides the fact that I miss seeing them, is to help us around our apartment. Brad and I have REALLY put off decorating or really even organizing our apartment because we had planned to buy and move into a house fairly soon. However... we are having a really hard time finding a home we love since our home building troubles. But, with the holiday season coming up, I realized that we don't actually have any place to put our Christmas tree if we don't get pictures hung up or this little apartment organized. Brad is not that great with tools, but my dad is a builder so he is my most trusted handy man. Plus, he's planning to teach Brad a few things. I'm hoping my dad brings all kinds of hanging reinforcements to get this little baby hung above our bed. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out!
5.
Wedding Pictures
About the only real blogging I have been doing lately is wedding recaps. They're currently my favorite thing to do. I have transferred most of our wedding photos to several back up locations. But, since we only got married 2 months ago and we got back 1,700 pictures... I've only transferred about half off the flash drive we got from our photographers. So, imagine my surprise when after only a month of having our photos back, my supposedly new flash drive stopped working, causing me to lose the entire other half of our wedding pictures. I was devastated! Especially because our photography contract specifically outlined our photographers not being responsible for the flash drive after it leaves their hands. I was so terrified that they would be gone forever. But, I am so happy to report that our photographers are sending a brand new flash drive with all our photos! Wedding recaps for days (and months, and maybe a whole year if we're lucky)!
Check them out (so far) here:
Have the most fabulous weekend! If you're like us, you're already starting to celebrate Thanksgiving. Cheers to lots of time with family and friends and if you're doing it right, at least a couple pounds of weight gain. Bring on the holidays and don't forget to link up too!


No comments :
Post a Comment