Wednesday, November 5, 2014

#blalockbash: It's in the Details

After getting ready at The Wayfarer Hotel and heading to the venue so Brad could get ready as well, it was finally time to set up for the wedding. I had spent way too many hours creating DIY items for our wedding and I was really excited to see them all come together.

Before I could (finally) slip into my bridal gown, my parents, sister, and the rest of my bridesmaids helped me create the reception area of my dreams. It looked even better when the candles were lit and the lights were out, but you'll see soon enough...

It was important to me to get pictures of our Save the Dates and invites, 
especially since I made the invitations.


We reused these shutters, which were originally from our engagement party, 
to display photos of us through the (six and a half) years leading up to our wedding.





I hand painted all the chalkboard signs at our wedding, including our bar menu.





My mom and I spent hours hand wrapping those wine bottles.
I couldn't be more happy with how our vases turned out!






This was by far my favorite DIY of our wedding.
This was a definite labor of love, inspired by this pin, but for much less money.


After setting up all the decor, it was finally time to change into my dress and 
go meet my forever for our First Look (coming in a few weeks!). 
___________________________________________

Floral: JL Designs
Photography: Addison & Kaytee @ George Street Photo & Video | Addison Hill Photo
Videography: Hammond Studios
Koozies: Discount Favors

Wedding Wednesday

4 comments :

  1. I love everything about your wedding!! The koozies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all of your wedding details and DIY! The chalkboard signs turned out perfect! The shutters and photos are adorable, and I love all of the burlap, twine, lace, and pretty flowers on the tables.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. The details were the best thing and my favorite at our wedding too. We had lots of labor of love projects, and thank goodness for those. They really set our wedding apart - in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every detail looks amazing! So awesome you were able to set things up yourself

    ReplyDelete