Largest Goals of 2015
Start my Master's Degree
I had planned to start my M.Ed. this month by completing the classes necessary for my ESOL Endorsement. However, I've had huge issues with the school I was planning to attend, such as being charged Out-of-State Tuition despite qualifying for In-State, not being enrolled in the courses I was granted overrides for, and a host of other things. With the cost of one semester (and only 2 classes) totaling nearly $7,200, I decided not to go through with beginning classes here. However, I am working on getting accepted and enrolling for Master's classes beginning this summer!
Buy Our First Home
Since Brad and I moved back to Georgia in February 2014, we've been looking at buying a home. We thought we would already be living in one after putting down a contract on a new build immediately after we moved here. However, after that fell through, we've been on the hunt for a resale since probably June. We are so ready to find our forever home, especially before our apartment lease runs out this summer.
Buy My First Car
This is a goal I'll only be going through with if we decide we can swing things financially. I don't actually need a new car. The one I'm currently driving works great. However, since I'm still driving my very first car ever (a 1998 Toyota Camry) I'd really love the opportunity to trade my car for a new one! Or at the very least, a relatively new, used car that isn't turning 17 this year.
Make a Baby
I debated whether I would share this goal or not, but clearly I decided to go through with it. Our plan has always been to have children two years into our marriage. In order to make that happen, we would need to start trying for a baby almost immediately following our 1 year anniversary in September. I am adamantly against raising children in an apartment so one of the largest determining factors in this goal would be whether or not we have been able to buy a house. So, I'll be praying constantly that both these dreams come true.
Slightly Smaller Goals of 2015
Off to the Races
My New Year's Resolution for 2014 was to run 12 races in 12 months. Unfortunately I didn't finish my goal. I only made it through 8 races last year. I really want to finish this goal this year! I'm signing up for a January race already and am making it my goal to sign up for the Disney Food & Wine Half-Marathon in November.
Honeymoon Trip
I mentioned a few times that Brad and I postponed our honeymoon but never gave the reason why. Originally, we decided to postpone because we were building a house and wanted to be able to put as much money towards that as possible. After our home fell through and I ended up getting my teaching job, we discovered that our wedding was the weekend before Conference Week at school. I would never be allowed to miss a thing like that so I was only able to take off work 3 days for our wedding. We've discussed a honeymoon over Spring Break this year but don't have anything planned as of yet. Due to this, I'm assuming there will be no honeymoon in the cards for us anytime soon. However, I'd really like to plan some sort of trip on our own, even if it ends up being a 1st Year Anniversary trip instead of a "honeymoon".
Save, Save, Save
We are really fortunate to be financially stable. Brad has a wonderful job and has made awesome investments with his money. Due to this, my salary as a teacher essentially gets to go into our savings account or Roth IRA (until it's maxed out for the year) each month. I know that we are so blessed to be able to do this and want to make it a priority each month to continue saving as much as we are able. Eventually we'll be using that money towards a new home, a car, traveling, and accounts for our future children.

No comments :
Post a Comment