Brad and I obviously started off the dances with our first dance. We don't have the same taste in music AT ALL! So choosing a first dance song was really difficult! In the end, we chose "All of Me" by John Legend, just like maybe 80% (or more) of everyone else that got married in 2014. But it's a beautiful song and something that we both really loved so I don't regret it at all. I think my favorite part of the first dances is that almost everyone stops paying attention so it really does feel like you're the only people in the world.
My dance with my daddy was the toughest part of my wedding. I did not cry the entire day until it came time for this dance. Then I bawled. There's nothing that could have made this day any happier. But there's definitely something a little heartbreaking about leaving your father, especially if your daddy is as awesome as mine. It's so surprising that I didn't cry up until this point because I'm so emotional and I'm pretty sure I get it from my daddy. We danced to "I Loved Her First" by Heartland and the song didn't help the tears either.
Every time I look at this picture, I tear up. My daddy loves me so much.
Brad and his mom were up last before we started dinner. Brad is definitely a momma's boy and their dance was so much fun. It was to "Forever Young" by Rod Stewart and Brad picked it out himself. Definitely no crying here, but lots of silly faces instead.
__________________________________________________
Venue: The Cotton Warehouse
Photography: George Street Photo & Video / Addison Hill Photo
Videography: Hammond Studios
Florals : JL Designs
DJ / Photo Booth: Spectrum Entertainment
Bridal Gown: Galina @ David’s Bridal
Shoes: DSW
Bridal Bracelet: David’s Bridal
Bridal Earrings: Charming Charlie
Hair Combs: Ulta
Bridal Hair: Nichole Kendall
Bridal Make-Up: LACE Cosmetics
Bridesmaid Hair: Kaylan Spell
Bridesmaid Earrings: Walk on the Moon
Groom & Groomsmen Suits: Savvi Formalwear










Your dances are so sweet! I can't blame you for choosing 'All of Me' it is such a beautiful song, even if it's overplayed. I know I'm going to be such a baby in my father daughter dance too, I can only imagine. 'I loved her first' is one of the songs I'm considering too!
ReplyDeleteThese dances are adorable. It's so sweet that you cried during the father daughter dance. I think I will cry as well. I love the song you chose, "I Loved Her First" is perfect.
ReplyDeleteGreat song choices! I actually walked down the aisle to "All of Me" so I'm a little biased!
ReplyDeleteAww what awesome choices for songs! You can definitely tell in those photos that you and your dad have a very special bond :) I absolutely love your venue, too!!
ReplyDeleteAwww, you and your dad-- brought a tear to my eye. :)
ReplyDeleteThese dances are precious! I definitely teared up at the father-daughter pictures. It's definitely an emotional moment!
ReplyDeleteAll of Me was definitely on my MUST play list at the reception. Such a lovely song! I thought my first dance with my dad would be difficult...especially since I never made it through listening to the song once without crying, but we managed to joke around and make ourselves laugh instead of paying attention to the words. It is super sad to think about leaving your daddy though...totally agree with that one!!
ReplyDeleteThat's what's so funny! We talked and laughed the whole time too, just through our tears :)
DeleteI LOVE All of Me--great first dance song choice. Dancing with my Dad at my wedding was definitely when the tears came for me too!
ReplyDelete