Monday, January 5, 2015

Christmas 2014 Recap

I took a break from blogging over the last couple weeks to really enjoy my Winter Break. Brad ended up taking off the last couple weeks of 2014 also so we got to enjoy lots of time together. All of that was so much better than blogging, but that means I'm just now coming at you with a Christmas recap. Whoops...

Our first married Christmas was fantastic! We definitely spoiled each other and while Brad didn't surprise me with a honeymoon trip (as we postponed ours after the wedding), it was still so much better than I imagined it would be. Being married is so incredible and I love getting to experience life with my awesome hubby.

Since my December was so busy, I'm recapping many of the Christmas-y things we did last month, all in one post.

Stone Mountain Christmas
Stone Mountain is a pretty big attraction around Atlanta but having grown up on the other side of the city, I've never really been to Stone Mountain Park. Obviously, I'm not counting field trips or hiking trips I've taken there. For the past few years, Brad's stepdad has given us tickets to the park's Christmas events but we've never been able to go since we lived out of town. Finally, this year, we made it to the park and got to experience all the magic of Stone Mountain Christmas with Brad's family!



The parade was kind of short, but our nephew Hudson seemed to enjoy it!



 One of the chilliest nights of the year!


Celebrating the End of 1st Semester!
I can't believe I'm finally halfway through my second year of teaching. I never felt like I'd get a chance again, especially since we moved so much last year! I'm beyond grateful to be teaching again and so lucky to have an incredible 1st Grade team!



Love that my mom and sister made it out to our class holiday party!


1st Christmas with My Husband



Jules loves opening presents with us!
Christmas always means more treats and new toys for her.

She looks so fat in this picture!
I promise she isn't morbidly obese.
Side note: How cute are my PJs?

I don't like bragging about my presents but Brad got me some good ones all on his own this year!

It looks like I got Brad so much less than he got me! But I promise he opened as many gifts as I did. Although he asked for lots of boring things for work this Christmas ;) 
Plus, his one gift that came in after Christmas...
Not Pictured: Wireless Headphones }

Look where we're going this weekend! Brad is a huge Tennessee fan but has never been to a basketball game before. So, we are headed up to Knoxville this weekend to take in a game! I'm so excited to go with Brad because I know UT sports are something he's really passionate about. We'll just ignore the fact that I grew an Alabama fan. They're terrible at basketball anyway.

Happy 2015!

No comments :

Post a Comment