Anyway, over the last month or so, Brad and I have really been trying to make our house a home. We still have lots of work to do, but I'm hoping we will have at least a room or two ready for a tour by the end of the summer.
When we moved in March, our living room looked like this. Complete blank slate and in a lot of ways it still is. Decorating takes SO much time!
Here are a few changes and updates we have made so far.
This dresser was refinished by a company called A Southern Rustic Touch. It's a local company and we actually ended up buying the dresser off Facebook! It looks great in our house though. We are using it in our entry way and can't wait to add some decorative pieces to it.
Since moving in, we've add our living room furniture which came from Ashley Furniture. Even though we love our furniture, I definitely wouldn't recommend buying from there. We had a terrible experience getting things delivered to our house.
We are slowly switching out all our straight from the manufacturer pillows with pillows that are more our style. The "Love Story" pillow came from Kirkland's last year and the gold Moroccan style pillows actually came from Wal-Mart!
Jules loves being perched up on our new ottoman from Overstock. The red accent piece in the corner (which is not staying decorated like that FYI) was a great find at T.J.Maxx and our area rug came from Rugs USA.
I never knew that moving from a 1 bedroom apartment to a 4 bedroom house + bonus room would take so much time and money. It sure is taking a long time to even get our home somewhat decorated! It's been really fun though and totally worth it. We added a few more fun pieces over the weekend that aren't pictured. Our next living room step is to finally add a TV over that mantel. Stay tuned!

I love it :) Looks adorable !!! The rug is so cute
ReplyDeleteI was amazed too when we went from a 3 bedroom house to one with 4 bedrooms and a bonus room at just how much time and money it would take to get it the way I wanted it! Your living room is coming together so nicely though!
ReplyDeleteDecorating and buying furniture is so time consuming and way too expensive! And since you had a terrible experience from Ashley Furniture, I couldn't recommend American Signature Furniture more. They were fabulous and kept us in the loop, even when one of our pieces had to be backordered. I loved them!
ReplyDeleteWe just moved into our house a year ago and we're still not done decorating! I can't seem to make decisions.. it's definitely a process. I'm excited to see what you end up doing and get some inspiration!
ReplyDelete