We didn't want to do anything over the top because let's face it, babies are already expensive and honestly, so are gender reveals. Originally when we started talking about having children, I wanted to go for a huge "Baseball or Bows" theme but quickly realized spending that kind of money wasn't something we wanted to do.
Instead, Brad had a coworker/friend take our envelope to Publix where they baked us a beautiful cake and we had our family and friends over for snacks and a cake cutting. I couldn't imagine having anything other than a baby girl, so I was so excited to see that my momma's intuition was right! Photo overload below.
In the case of Baby Blalock, the Old Wives tales were definitely true when they predicted a little girl!
When your friends wear heels, but you don't...
My grandad, Pawpaw Frank, was married to my late grandmother Sharon who passed away from colon cancer last summer. We are so thrilled to be having a baby girl and that he got to be there with us when we found out since we plan to give our baby girl the same middle name as her great grandmother.
Hudson is super excited to finally be getting a cousin on this side of the family.
Best big cousin ever!
My parents, Gigi and Pops!
Who knew choosing grandparent names would be such an ordeal ;)
Congratulations! I love that you are giving your little girl your Grandmother's middle name. If I have a girl someday I plan to do the same thing! What a special way to carry on their memory.
ReplyDelete