Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Bumpdate || Weeks 8 - 11

Week 8
How far along: 8 weeks

Due Date: January 26. 2017

Baby is the size of: A raspberry

Symptoms: Still lots of nausea, morning sickness, and vomiting. I'm pretty much sick every day, sometimes multiple times a day. Acne flared this week and I've also had some weird, stretchy type cramps this week (most likely round ligament pain).

Gender: Both baby daddy and I are still pretty certain this little baby is a girl.

Name: Middle names are set since they are family names. First names are up in the air, especially a little girl's name.

Movement: Nothing yet and probably not for a while.

Nursery: Still sitting empty for now.

Maternity Clothes: Still no maternity clothes and my typical clothes fit just like normal.

Sleep: Sleep has been great! With the exception of waking up to go to the bathroom. Now that school is out for summer, I've also been taking naps too, which is fantastic.

Best Moment of the Week: Completing my summer course for my Master's. Only two classes left before graduation which will be six weeks before baby is due to arrive.

Missing Anything: I miss not throwing up every day.

Cravings/Aversions: Pretty much all foods are a no go. I'm waiting for the cravings to kick in that everyone talks about but I'm pretty much just dealing with the aversions.

Mood: Is nauseated a mood?

Health and Exercise: I was out of town this week for my Master's course, which happens on site, but I did get in one day of hiking.

Weight Gain: 0 pounds according to my home scale.

Doctor's Appointment: No more scheduled appointments until our next ultrasound on July 6th.

Husband: Hubby and I are not together this week due to my Master's class. He's checking on me constantly to make sure I'm eating correctly for the little babe and feeling okay.

Looking Forward To: We are telling Brad's mom, dad, and step parents this weekend as well as his grandparents. That will cover all the grandparents and we are super excited to share with them!

Week 9
How far along: 9 weeks

Due Date: January 26. 2017

Baby is the size of: A cherry 

Symptoms: This was a super tough week. I was the sickest I have been so far (vomiting up to 4 times in a day). I'm really tempted to call the doctor's office, but right now I am still dealing with the morning sickness on my own.

Gender: Intuition is still telling us girl.

Name: Middle names are set since they are family names. First names are up in the air, especially a little girl's name.

Movement: Nothing yet and probably not for a while.

Nursery: Still sitting empty for now.

Maternity Clothes: Still no maternity clothes and my typical clothes fit just like normal.

Sleep: Sleep has been great! With the exception of waking up to go to the bathroom. Now that school is out for summer, I've also been taking naps too, which is fantastic.

Best Moment of the Week: Telling our parents and also Brad's sister, her husband, and nephew about the new baby!

Missing Anything: We announced our pregnancy to Brad's sister and her family at a Mexican restaurant and that definitely made me crave a margarita.

Cravings/Aversions: Still not loving much of any foods. I'm pretty much eating only to keep from throwing up and/or have something to throw up when I do.

Mood: I feel like some moodiness is starting to kick in this week. Things make me want to cry for no reason and I find myself getting upset over things really easily.

Health and Exercise: Started back with the nightly walks through our neighborhood this week.

Weight Gain: Still at 0 pounds according to my home scale.

Doctor's Appointment: We just had our first ultrasound and will go back again for another ultrasound at our 10-week appointment on July 6th. 

Husband: Slightly annoyed by my irritability this week, but still being really supportive.

Looking Forward To: Our beach vacation next week! We are visiting the same beach (and staying in the same condo) we did when we got engaged almost 3 years ago. We plan to take our baby announcements photos on the same beach we got engaged at to use whenever we break the news to everyone.

Week 10

How far along: 10 weeks

Due Date: January 26. 2017

Baby is the size of: A kumquat, which I have never had or seen at the store. Also, the size of a petit four which I like a lot better.

Symptoms: Also a little bit of a rough week. I had two days with virtually no nausea, but every other day had me throwing up 1-3 times a day. Still feeling a little crampy due to stretching. but my acne seems to be clearing up.

Gender: Intuition is still telling us girl.

Name: Middle names are set since they are family names. First names are up in the air, especially a little girl's name.

Movement: Nothing yet and probably not for a while.

Nursery: Still sitting empty for now.

Maternity Clothes: Still no maternity clothes and my typical clothes fit just like normal.

Sleep: I've started having a difficult time falling back to sleep after my nightly bathroom visits. Luckily, we were on vacation this week so I got to nap almost every day on the beach.

Best Moment of the Week: Enjoying our vacation!

Missing Anything: It was a little bit upsetting seeing everyone chow down on some mixed drinks at the Daquiri Deck, but really I'm not missing much of anything.

Cravings/Aversions: I was actually able to eat this week! I think being in the sun all day helps to make you hungry. Nothing really sounds great to me, but I haven't had to choke down my meals either. I have been drinking some Caffeine Free Coke though, because surprisingly, it's the only thing that settles my stomach.

Mood: Still feeling moody.

Health and Exercise: We walked on the beach and waded in the ocean all week long!

Weight Gain: Still at 0 pounds according to my home scale.

Doctor's Appointment: We will have our second ultrasound and Nuchal Translucency Screening at our upcoming appointment on July 6th (I'll be 10 weeks, 6 days).

Husband: Throwing around some cute ideas for a gender reveal this week.

Looking Forward To: Seeing our baby on Wednesday!

Week 11

How far along: 11 weeks

Due Date: January 26. 2017

Baby is the size of: An itty-bitty brussel sprout or a lime

Symptoms: Nausea and vomiting, headaches, abdominal cramps, and aches. I had one horrible day of vomiting up blood the day before my doctor's appointment and that was obviously super scary. Apparently, all the vomiting has made me super dehydrated and irritated my throat.

Gender: We are really thinking girl. If the Old Wives Tales are true, there's no way this babe is anything but a girl.

Name: Middle names are set since they are family names. First names are up in the air, especially a little girl's name.

Movement: Nothing yet and probably not for a while.

Nursery: Still sitting empty for now.

Maternity Clothes: No maternity clothes but I do feel like my bump popped out this week so we will see how long I continue to make it in my typical clothes.

Sleep: I'm still having a difficult time falling back to sleep after my nightly bathroom visits. Sometimes this makes me super tired during the day and other times I don't notice it at all.

Best Moment of the Week: We got to see our little peanut swimming around like crazy at our ultrasound. We also found out baby has two eyes, two ears, a nose, mouth, two arms, and two legs. So crazy to think our babe is so little but so real now.

Missing Anything: Still not missing much of anything. I think it helps that I don't really like many of the things you're supposed to avoid during pregnancy (i.e. sushi, deli meat, hair dye). I do miss being able to eat red meat that isn't well-done, though.

Cravings/Aversions: Still drinking Caffeine Free Coke to settle my stomach at times. Other than that, I don't crave anything other than not vomiting.

Mood: Still feeling moody and stressed.

Health and Exercise: This week I could barely get out of bed without throwing up, so exercise was a no go for me.

Weight Gain: -2 pounds. Morning sickness is fantastic...

Doctor's Appointment: We had our second ultrasound at our appointment on July 6th (I was 10 weeks, 6 days). Baby's heartbeat was 161 bpm and our little bit is measuring 5 days ahead of schedule, even with Mommy's health issues!

Husband: Super excited to find out the sex of this little babe. We talked about baby names this week and shared some ideas for a small gender reveal when the time comes.

Looking Forward To: July 20th! Our doctor's office offers 3D ultrasounds and our technician says we should be able to find out the sex of our baby at this appointment as we will be 13 weeks, but are currently measuring a week ahead. We are lucky that we get to go back in two weeks since we were thinking we would have to wait until the beginning of September to see our baby again.

No comments :

Post a Comment