Monday, August 1, 2016

Bumpdate || Weeks 4 - 7

Week 4

How far along: 4 weeks, but we found out at 3 weeks, 5 days

Due Date: January 26. 2017 - based on internet calculations

Baby is the size of: A teeny, tiny poppy seed

Symptoms: Some minor cramping and back aches, mild headaches and bloating. I also had a strangely stuffy nose for no reason that I could think of. Aside from the stuffy nose, I basically just feel like I would if I were going to start my period.

Gender: ? and I certainly don't have any ideas what this little peanut is yet either.

Name: Brad and I have had names picked out for both genders for ages, so assuming we still love those, we already have a name picked out.

Movement: Nope.

Nursery: We have a room in our house picked out and it was recently emptied of any extras so we are completely blank slate as of now.

Maternity Clothes: Nope. I actually lost 5 pounds before getting pregnant so I'm hoping that will help keep me out of maternity clothes for a while.

Sleep: I am already a pretty light sleeper so I can see this being unfortunate for me throughout pregnancy. I have been waking up pretty early though (4:00 AM) wide awake and that has been annoying since I am supposed to be able to sleep for another hour or hour and a half before my alarm goes off.

Best Moment of the Week: Finding out I am going to be a momma!

Missing Anything: I actually gave up most vices before we ever started trying to get pregnant so right now I'm not missing anything.

Cravings/Aversions: Currently, not really. Although I have felt thirstier than normal and have been wanting to eat a lot of fruit... Actually, I have been craving my prenatal gummies. Is that weird?

Mood: Ecstatic! My students at school even commented on how happy I was. I'm not sure it that says good things or bad things about my mood during this last month of school. ;)

Health and Exercise: For the last 4 weeks I have been trying to follow the Tone It Up Bikini series. I'm still feeling like exercising but I am sure that those exercises will be having some pretty serious modifications.

Weight Gain: Currently weighing in at 112 pounds. We will consider this my pre-pregnancy starting weight. I am hoping to only add as much weight as necessary for a healthy baby to my 4'11 1/2" frame.

Doctor's Appointment: We are scheduled for our first visit with the OB/GYN on June 7th. 

Husband: So excited! The day after we found out, he was texting me constantly from work to ask if he could tell just "one person". We will see how long he keeps a secret.

Looking Forward To: Our first doctor's visit of course! I can't wait to see our little blip on the screen.

Week 5

How far along: 5 weeks

Due Date: January 26. 2017

Baby is the size of: A sweet little apple seed

Symptoms: BLOATING! Ugh, my stomach is killing me with all this bloat. I've also had a few spells of nausea, mostly when I first wake up in the morning. Having to go pee all the time and suffering from fatigue, sore breasts, and constipation (hence the bloat) are not exactly wonderful, but it could be worse I'm sure.

Gender: In the last week, I've really started to feel like this tiny babe is a little boy. I'm not really sure why, but that's my intuition. 

Name: Last week I also decided that the name I had always liked for my future daughter is no longer a contender. So the jury is still out on a girl's name.

Movement: Nothing yet and probably not for a while.

Nursery: Still sitting empty for now.

Maternity Clothes: Still no maternity clothes and my typical clothes fit just like normal.

Sleep: I had a few bouts of insomnia early in the week but have been sleeping like a baby since then. I do wake up at least once a night to use the bathroom and sometimes have trouble falling back to sleep afterwards.

Best Moment of the Week: Not baby related, but the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!

Missing Anything: Still not really missing anything I'm not supposed to have. I am slightly sad to have to eat less fish though, that sounds so yummy right now.

Cravings/Aversions: Eggs have sounded delicious this week.

Mood: Still feeling very happy and excited to become a momma.

Health and Exercise: I have done a few arm and leg routines, but mostly I've been trying to go for nightly walks.

Weight Gain: +2 pounds this week in a couple days alone from being so bloated. Bring on the prunes, y'all.

Doctor's Appointment: We are scheduled for our first visit with the OB/GYN on June 7th. 

Husband: Still being awesome. We've been discussing a lot about how and when we are going to tell our families this week.

Looking Forward To: Still looking forward to our first doctor's visit of course. Also excited to visit some friends this upcoming weekend (and nervous to try not to tell them about Baby B yet.)

6 Weeks
Brad is still working on his photography skills, so we're a little blurry this week. :)

How far along: 6 weeks

Due Date: January 26. 2017

Baby is the size of: A tiny little Maine blueberry, or double the size of last week.

Symptoms: I'm tired and I have to pee a lot. But, the bloating is gone which makes me feel about a thousand times better. We did have a pretty scary episode this week where I had some spotting after a run, but the doctor (and bloodwork) is reassuring me this is normal. I've also started to feel a bit more nauseous this week, no throwing up though (yet)!

Gender: Baby boy intuition is gone. Not feeling sure one way or the other this week. Brad says since the baby is already causing so many issues (i.e. spotting), it's got to be a girl. ;)

Name: Middle names are set since they are family names. First names are up in the air, especially a little girl's name.

Movement: Nothing yet and probably not for a while.

Nursery: Still sitting empty for now.

Maternity Clothes: Still no maternity clothes and my typical clothes fit just like normal.

Sleep: Sleep has been great! With the exception of waking up to go to the bathroom. Now that school is out for summer, I've also been taking naps too, which is fantastic.

Best Moment of the Week: Having it confirmed that the spotting I experienced was nothing to worry about.

Missing Anything: Nope.

Cravings/Aversions: Aversions to all foods. This week I have definitely lost my appetite and I'm just trying to eat whatever I can that sounds appetizing at all. Luckily it hasn't been junk so far.

Mood: Still feeling very happy and excited to become a momma.

Health and Exercise: Exercise hasn't been that great this week with the exception of a run or walk here and there. Most days I'm trying not to throw up so exercising doesn't sound great. 

Weight Gain: -1 pounds. Since I've gotten the bloating under control, I haven't gained any weight, I am ready to go the doctor next week and ask about the weight loss. I know it has to do with not being able to eat.

Doctor's Appointment: We are scheduled for our first visit with the OB/GYN on June 7th. 

Husband: Super helpful this week. He has been lifting all the heavy stuff I can't and letting me sleep when I need it.

Looking Forward To: Doctor's visit! We are now in the single digits, 5 days until we see our baby.
We got to see and hear baby's heartbeat (146 bpm) which was just about the coolest thing ever. 
We are currently measuring 2 days ahead, but due date is staying the same.

Week 7
Telling my sister she's going to be an Aunt.

How far along: 7 weeks

Due Date: January 26. 2017, confirmed at our appointment

Baby is the size of: A wee raspberry and growing fast.

Symptoms: My 7th week greeted me with a trip to the toilet. So I'm hoping the rest of the First Trimester (hopefully the entire pregnancy) is vomit free. However, everything I've read says that once you start throwing up, it's a symptom that will typically stay around for a while. Besides the vomiting, I have the all-day morning sickness and nausea, plus feeling like I need to pee all the time.

Gender: Going off a few old wives tales, Brad and I are pretty convinced this baby is a girl. Brad even more so than me. While he is feeling a bit disappointed (he would really love a little boy), I would be ecstatic with a girl since I've always seen myself as a "girl mom".

Name: Middle names are set since they are family names. First names are up in the air, especially a little girl's name.

Movement: Nothing yet and probably not for a while.

Nursery: Still sitting empty for now.

Maternity Clothes: Still no maternity clothes and my typical clothes fit just like normal.

Sleep: Sleep has been great! With the exception of waking up to go to the bathroom. Now that school is out for summer, I've also been taking naps too, which is fantastic.

Best Moment of the Week: Seeing our baby on our ultrasound! The heat beat was great and we got an explanation for the spotting I am having (implantation bruising/bleeding that is likely to continue for a while).

Missing Anything: I'm nauseous because I can't eat and I can't eat because I'm nauseous, so I definitely miss not feeling like that. But, since they say vomiting and morning sickness indicates a healthy baby, I'm willing to deal with it!

Cravings/Aversions: Still not loving much of any foods. It takes me about an hour to eat any actual meal. Food needs to be bland or fruity to go down easy. With the exception of Chick-Fil-A which is the only thing that sounds good when I am hungry.

Mood: Still feeling very happy and excited to become a momma.

Health and Exercise: Going for nightly walks to get moving, but not much else. Feeling sick all the time hasn't been great for my exercise goals.

Weight Gain: +1 pound according to the doctor's scale when I was weighed mid-day.

Doctor's Appointment: We just had our first ultrasound and will go back again for another ultrasound at our 10-week appointment on July 6th. 

Husband: Just as excited as me to see our little peanut on the ultrasound!

Looking Forward To: Telling my dad and sister this weekend about our baby! My mom has known the entire time, so I know she is looking forward to not having to lie anymore.

No comments :

Post a Comment