Week 15
How far along: 15 weeks
Due Date: January 26. 2017
Baby is the size of: a navel orange
Symptoms: I've started to turn a corner when it comes to throwing up. I'm still getting sick at least 3 times a week and feeling queasy when I'm not throwing up, but it's not longer a daily thing. Hooray! Other than that, some headaches and abdominal pain from stretching when I'm not drinking enough water.
Gender: A sweet baby girl!
Name: Baby girl has a middle name and, of course, a last name but we are still trying to decide on a first name.
Movement: We have movement! I can't feel her moving every day, but I do get to feel her wiggle when I drink anything sweet or with caffeine, sometimes even a cold glass of water works. On those occasions, I feel flutters, but sometimes I'm convinced I'm feeling jabs.
Nursery: Her nursery has a few souvenirs and gifts from our gender reveal party, but is empty for the most part. We have been looking at cribs because Brad's grandmother has offered to buy ours. We also want to start looking at paint samples after the 20-week ultrasound.
Maternity Clothes: Still wearing normal pants, shorts, skirts, shirts, and dresses. I do have a bump but my normal clothes still fit and aren't bothering me yet.
Sleep: Sleep is hit or miss. Some days I sleep great. Other days I toss and turn.
Best Moment of the Week: Does making it to the weekend count as the best moment? I went back to work this week for pre-planning and I'm exhausted.
Missing Anything: I don't really miss any foods.
Cravings/Aversions: I haven't really had any cravings this week. I wouldn't say I've had an aversion to it, but I can definitely pass on any type of meat.
Mood: Happy! But tired, going back to work after having the whole summer off is wearing me out.
Health and Exercise: I am back to walking every night and I try to do some stretching a couple times a week.
Weight Gain: Still +0 pounds this week. Morning sickness has definitely helped slow down the weight gain.
Doctor's Appointment: We won't go back to the doctor until August 18th. I'll be going by myself for the first time since we will not be having an ultrasound.
Husband: Found some cute nursery decorations this weekend and started talking about teaching our daughter to play golf. I think she is definitely becoming more real to him.
Looking Forward To: I am always looking forward to our next doctor's appointment, even though they still make me slightly nervous. I have to admit, I'm not super excited about school starting next week. I was really enjoying being a stay-at-home momma.
Week 16
I haven't been so great about these bump pictures. But I felt like I might finally be showing, so I had Brad grab the camera to document, sunburned face, squinty eyes, and all.
How far along:16 weeks
Due Date: January 26. 2017
Baby is the size of: a dill pickle or an avocado
Symptoms: Still occasionally throwing up and feeling queasy when I'm hungry, but at least it isn't every day! Round ligament pain and back pain started pretty hard this week and I am thinking that may be related to going back to work and not having a break all day.
Gender: A sweet baby girl!
Name: Baby girl has a middle name and, of course, a last name but we are still trying to decide on a first name.
Movement: We have movement! I can't feel her moving every day, but I do get to feel her wiggle when I drink anything sweet or with caffeine, sometimes even a cold glass of water works. On those occasions, I feel flutters, but sometimes I'm convinced I'm feeling jabs.
Nursery: Her nursery has a few souvenirs and gifts from our gender reveal party, but is empty for the most part. We have been looking at cribs because Brad's grandmother has offered to buy ours. We also want to start looking at paint samples after the 20-week ultrasound.
Maternity Clothes: The bump really came in this week. I spent most of the weekend at home in long t-shirts because my shorts are starting to bother my belly. It may be time to invest in some maternity bottoms, but dresses, skirts, and shirts still feel great!
Sleep: Back pain has made sleeping slightly more uncomfortable lately. Some nights I end up sleeping on the couch.
Best Moment of the Week: My bump popped so the stretching pain has lessened and I get to feel baby move more often now!
Missing Anything: I still don't really miss any foods.
Cravings/Aversions: I wouldn't say I'm having any cravings but every once and a while, certain foods sound really yummy. Lately, I've been wanting waffles.
Mood: Happy! But tired, going back to work after having the whole summer off is wearing me out.
Health and Exercise: I am back to walking every night and I try to do some stretching a couple times a week.
Weight Gain: Still +0.8 pounds this week. Almost made it to gaining a whole pound!
Doctor's Appointment: We won't go back to the doctor until August 18th. I'll be going by myself for the first time since we will not be having an ultrasound.
Husband: Encouraging me to eat more for probably the first time in our relationship. Normally he's telling me to put down the cookies. :) Daddy is starting to worry about baby being too tiny because Mommy is so small.
Looking Forward To: My check-up on 8/18 and Labor Day break. My class is super sweet but they are wearing me out already! Hoping it will get better once my principal starts allowing us a lunch break. Right now we are spending our lunches escorting kids to recess and the lunchroom so I'm on my feet all day.
Week 17
How far along: 17 weeks
Due Date: January 26. 2017
Baby is the size of: a pomegranate
Symptoms: I haven't thrown up since Saturday! Hooray! I'm ready to finally be done with that. I do still feel queasy when I haven't eaten enough or gone too long without eating and will dry heave occasionally. Also, I apparently have pregnancy acne really badly because my face looks 10x worse than high school Morgan's.
Gender: Still A sweet baby girl! As far as we know ;)
Name: Still down to two final first name choices. We probably won't make the final decision until after we see her again at our 20-week ultrasound.
Movement: Some days this week she was moving like crazy. But unfortunately, it's still not an everyday thing.
Nursery: Daddy finding some cute nursery decor last week inspired Mommy to find a specific theme, or color scheme really, that I'm about 90% positive we will be going with.
Maternity Clothes: The bump really came in this week. I spent most of the weekend at home in long t-shirts because my shorts are starting to bother my belly. It may be time to invest in some maternity bottoms, but dresses, skirts, and shirts still feel great!
Sleep: I've been sleeping so well thanks to resuming my weekly Master's classes and going back to teaching! Being tired has helped so much!
Best Moment of the Week: I am super excited to hear my baby girl's heartbeat today at my doctor's appointment.
Missing Anything: I still don't really miss any foods.
Cravings/Aversions: Got my waffles last week! So other than that, I haven't really wanted anything. I am finally hungry again though which hasn't happened since about 5 weeks.
Mood: Happy! But tired, going back to work after having the whole summer off is wearing me out.
Health and Exercise: I am back to walking every night and I try to do some stretching a couple times a week.
Weight Gain: +1.5 pounds! Finally up a whole pound. This is according to my home scale, so we will have to see what the doctor's scale says today at 4 PM.
Doctor's Appointment: I'll give an update next week on how everything goes this afternoon!
Husband: Has been pretty understanding of the fact that sometimes things feel like they're falling apart around here lately. I'm excited to get back into a routine now that school has started that included actually grocery shopping and cleaning more regularly.


No comments :
Post a Comment