How far along: 12 weeks
Due Date: January 26. 2017
Baby is the size of: a plum
Symptoms: I started Diclegis a little over a week ago and it seems to help somewhat. I've had about 3 good days so far where I only dealt with a little bit of nausea, but I've still been throwing up at least once a day for the other days. I've also started having terrible headaches, don't know if that's a normal thing or if it's related to the constant vomiting.
Gender: I can't imagine this baby being anything other than a little girl. We will be beyond shocked (and happy too) if baby surprises us by being a little boy.
Name: Our little boy's name is set. We have picked out two names from a list I had that we both really like for a little girl. However, Brad hasn't suggested any girls names of his own so I don't want to say for sure that those names are our final two.
Movement: Still no movement, but baby is moving around like crazy on the ultrasounds.
Nursery: Still sitting empty for now. Once we find out the gender next week we will probably start looking at some paint samples at least.
Maternity Clothes: I feel like I have a little itty bitty bump but it's not doing anything to prevent me from wearing my normal clothes.
Sleep: Sleeping has not been going so well lately. Brad bought me a Snoogle pregnancy pillow for my birthday last week and that helps a lot but I'm still struggling with transitioning from being a stomach sleeper.
Best Moment of the Week: Having 3 days where I didn't throw up (it's the little things these days). I also turned 26 this past week so it's exciting to be the age I'll be when I have this little babe.
Missing Anything: I'm still having aversions to most foods, so I'm having a hard time thinking of anything I'm missing.
Cravings/Aversions: Things that sound good to me include fruit, chocolate, and chocolate covered fruit. I've also been eating a lot of bread but I think that's just because it's bland, not necessarily because I'm craving it. Hard to have cravings or aversions when you have no appetite.
Mood: Sickly. I just feel tired all the time and of course nauseated. I'm so ready for the next two weeks to go by and officially be in the second trimester. Fingers crossed that it brings me some relief from the symptoms.
Health and Exercise: I am really hoping to get back to at least nightly walks and hopefully some prenatal yoga, at least on the days when the Diclegis seems to be working.
Weight Gain: I'm not weighing myself again until I go back to the doctor. It's a little bit depressing to constantly be losing weight when you're supposed to be growing a tiny human.
Doctor's Appointment: We go back to the doctor on July 20th for our First Trimester Screening ultrasound and blood work. Our ultrasound technician is pretty confident she can tell us the baby's gender since our little babe has consistently been measuring ahead.
Husband: Cannot wait to find out what we are having and finally start telling people we are going to be parents.
Looking Forward To: Still July 20th! Our doctor's office offers 3D ultrasounds and our technician says we should be able to find out the sex of our baby at this appointment as we will be 13 weeks, but are currently measuring a week ahead. We are lucky that we get to go back in two weeks since we were thinking we would have to wait until the beginning of September to see our baby again.
Week 13
How far along: 13 weeks
Due Date: January 26. 2017
Baby is the size of: A jalapeno, a lemon, and a peach - depending on which app I'm using.
Symptoms: I'm hoping 13 weeks is the magic number for me. I woke up this morning feeling pretty great actually! I get a little queasy when I get hungry, but no dry heaving or vomiting so far on the first day of Week 13. Not sure if that means the Diclegis is finally working or if I may finally get some relief as I get ready for the 2nd trimester!
Gender: We will find out on Sunday! Our ultrasound tech was able to tell the gender yesterday at our appointment. She says she is 90%+ positive about what this little babe is. So we will just keep our fingers crossed that baby doesn't change genders at our anatomy scan in September.
Name: Our little boy's name is set. We have picked out two names from a list I had that we both really like for a little girl. However, Brad hasn't suggested any girls names of his own so I don't want to say for sure that those names are our final two.
Movement: Still not feeling any movement, but baby is moving around like crazy on the ultrasounds.
Nursery: Still sitting empty for now. Once we find out the gender, we will probably start looking at some paint samples at least.
Maternity Clothes: I feel like I have a little itty bitty bump but it's not doing anything to prevent me from wearing my normal clothes.
Sleep: Sleep has been going pretty well actually. I'm no longer waking up to use the bathroom every night. Hooray for our baby finally moving up and away from my bladder. Sometimes I wake up with some back pain though depending on how I slept since I'm still trying to transition to becoming a side sleeper.
Best Moment of the Week: This week's best moment will definitely be finding out the gender of our little baby!
Missing Anything: Nope and I am super thankful for that!
Cravings/Aversions: I still don't have any cravings really which I am super thankful for. Unfortunately, one thing that hasn't changed is my lack of an appetite so I must still be having some aversions.
Mood: As of today, I am feeling fantastic! I hope this feeling great thing keeps up as the new school year gets ready to start.
Health and Exercise: Started our nightly walks back yesterday (finally!) and I'm hoping to start adding in some prenatal yoga and squats as well.
Weight Gain: +0 pounds. I had gained a pound since my last doctor's appointment, putting me back up to my pre-baby weight!
Doctor's Appointment: We won't go back to the doctor until August 18th. I'll be 17 weeks at that appointment and it will be my first appointment without Brad since I won't be having an ultrasound. Since I'm going 4 weeks between appointments again, I'm looking forward to feeling some movements soon so I know our little peanut is still doing well in there.
Husband: Super excited for our gender reveal this week!
Looking Forward To: Finding out whether this baby is a boy or girl! Bring on Sunday!
No comments :
Post a Comment