No excuses. Play like a champion today.
I honestly hope that you have seen Wedding Crashers as well. Otherwise the above quote won't make sense to you. If you haven't, I don't know what you're doing here, clearly we don't have the same sense of humor.
Anyway, I did play like a champion that day. When I officially crashed my first wedding this weekend.
I know, I know, I don't seem like the kind of person that would crash another person's wedding. I guess that's because I'm really not, but that is a much cooler reason than the real way I ended up at a wedding where I knew neither the bride or groom.
I accompanied my friend and future bridesmaid Emma to a wedding she was in this weekend after her boyfriend bailed on her to go on a family vacation. How rude.
Anyway, we had a lot of fun! I wasn't a huge fan of the actual ceremony, mostly because I'm not Catholic and I just felt a little lost during the ceremony which was about 3x as long as my ceremony will be. I also wasn't a huge fan of the 1 1/2 hour gap between the end of the ceremony and the start of the reception in which we were instructed to find something to do until the reception started. Um, what?
But by the time the reception finally came around, I got to drink my fair share of free liquor, eat a delicious dinner, and make a fool of myself on the dance floor since I was in the presence of a group of people I'd never see again. And I can definitely handle that.
The rest of my holiday weekend was spent at my parents's house where we got in lots of cat cuddles from our cat Jules, who basically doesn't even know we are her mom and dad anymore. FYI: She is living with my parents until we find a house to buy. We definitely did not expect the process to last this long.
We also got in dinner with some friends, a long pool day, and a Braves game on actual Memorial Day (which was a total waste since we gave up 5 runs to allow a Red Sox come back and eventual win). The games are always fun though, even when they're rain delayed and I got to meet up with a friend who was also there!
The pregame ceremony that Braves held to honor Georgia's fallen soldiers was pretty incredible.
So glad I ran into Kayla there!
I hope everyone enjoyed a fabulous Memorial Day weekend, which I always feel like is the kick off weekend of summer! Summer is my favorite season for many reasons but one of my favorite reasons is pool days. I can't wait to spend many days out there this summer, since as a teacher I get to spend many days working at home (please don't even get me started on how "teachers don't have to work all summer" because it isn't true).
Love, love, love this time of year.
P.S. While we were all enjoying our holiday weekends, please remember that yesterday was a day for honoring our service members who sacrificed their lives and died in order to protect ours and preserve our freedoms. While all past, current, and future military members deserve our gratitude and respect, Memorial Day and Veterans Day are not the same thing and simply issuing a thank you for someone's service isn't what yesterday was about. Forgive me, but the teacher in me finds it incredibly shocking that so many people don't seem to realize there's a difference between the two holidays.






So jealous you went to the game . . . even if they did win :(. Glad you had a fun weekend!
ReplyDelete