I decided I had to though after I found the cutest tutorial for making monograms. I am absolutely obsessed with monograms and there will be tons of places that our couple's monogram makes an appearance in our wedding. I'm not exactly sure how or if I will be using this one, but it ended up too great not to share.
I ran across the tutorial while using the site PicMonkey to brighten up a few photos I had recently taken. One day I'll learn the basics of Photoshop, today was not that day. While I had used this site before for basic photo touch-ups, I had never used their design feature and when one of their headliners mentioned DIY Brides using the site, I knew I had to look further.
PicMonkey has all kinds of tutorials for the DIYer. From making invitations and announcements to editing your own photos (which hopefully you won't have to), there's a tutorial for it all. The one that caught my idea was a tutorial for creating a timeless monogram. I opened it up, followed the incredibly simple directions, and had a stellar monogram created in no time at all. Ta-da!
Again, I'm not sure that I'll be using this monogram yet, but I love it so much I had to share. In case you aren't sure, in a couple's monogram, the female initial comes first, last name in the middle, and the male initial goes last. I mean, honestly, how cute is that? I was even able to create the monogram in our wedding colors. If you're looking for an easy and completely free way to create a monogram to use in your wedding, you should definitely check out the tutorial.

love this! i used monograms everywhere in our wedding!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! I am such a sucker for monograms!
ReplyDelete