Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: DIY Updates

We are almost done working on the centerpieces we have been DIYing for the wedding. Once all the wine bottles are completed, they will be handed over to the florist who will use them as vases for all the flowers on our tables at the reception. I can't wait to put them together and get a better idea of what everything will look like together, but for now, I'm just sharing all my messy assembly photos.

 

I'm wrapping about half my wine bottles in twine. I started using this jute twine from Michael's made by bead landing (only available in stores) that's especially made for jewelry making. It actually works really great for wrapping bottles too. I didn't find out until after I had already wrapped about a dozen bottles that you can buy huge rolls of twine at places like Home Depot. If you're considering this same DIY project, definitely look there before the craft stores. Because I'm stuck spending more money every time I run out of twine. 
It's worth it though..


 

I also bought tons of lace and burlap, plus votive candles and holders from SaveonCrafts for super cheap.


That website was perfect for my wine bottles that are being wrapped in burlap and lace.
I cannot wait to combine the two kinds of bottles and see how they'll look together on our tables.


And we were gifted the cutest signs for our chairs at the reception from Brad's dad and stepmom.
Can't wait for all the cute pictures with these.

In the next few weeks, I have to start working on our wedding invitations since we decided to do them ourselves (AH!) and they need to be mailed out by July, hopefully earlier. I can't believe we are that close to our wedding, it's insane.

And all of this while trying to find a new home to buy, living out of a hotel, and preparing for my new job as a 1st Grade teacher (luckily I've got some training for this having taught Kindergarten already.) I need time to slow down!

Only 6 days until we hit the 4 months to go mark!

Wedding Wednesday

NC Belle in Boots

5 comments :

  1. How exciting!!! You are one busy lady! Nice job with your DIY stuff - I'm sure it will all look fantastic once it's all put together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those wine bottles you are turning in to vases! I think mixing the twine and burlap/lace ones will be super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so pretty, Love burlap and lace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your DIY's are great! we did some similar burlap and lace!

    ReplyDelete