Anywho... We had the best weekend with my parents and sister. We did a little bit of exploring downtown Atlanta and celebrated my dad's birthday and Father's Day early since he will be out of town this weekend.
About two months ago, we found out that we wouldn't be building our dream house after all and our moods plummeted. We were so upset to find out we had been living in a hotel for nothing. My sweet friend and bridesmaid Kayla felt so bad for us that she bought Brad and I tickets to the aquarium and told us that we deserved a day out where we didn't have to worry about any of our recent problems. My parents had also been gifted aquarium tickets recently and we all decided to use our gift this past weekend and go together [my sister tagged along as the 5th wheel ;) ].
I'll let my grainy, low quality iPhone pictures speak for themselves. I promise the aquarium looks a lot better than it does from my iPhone.
Clearly, I had to Snapchat a photo to Kayla so she'd know her Groupon wasn't going to waste.
Spotted Scat.
This is seriously the cutest fish ever.
No joke. Otters are my absolute favorite animal.
I would have one for a pet if that were allowed and the fact that they were sleeping drove me crazy.
Couldn't resist climbing under the penguin habitat and waving at the little boy outside.
He was the cutest.
Sometimes being as tiny as I am helps you do cool things.
Not nearly as excited about this selfie as I am.
I always feel like Beluga Whales are smiling.
I also feel like they're probably not the brightest animals judging by that obnoxiously cute look on their faces.
If you aren't already terrified of jellyfish (like I am), I feel like this picture seals the deal.
I mean, their poison glows blue.
After our trip to the aquarium, we stopped by the Atlanta Food Truck Park to check out some of the food trucks and fill our bellies. If you're from a big city (I feel like Atlanta is a big city, but Lord knows we don't do public transport or food on the go like the bigger cities) you're probably disgusted by the whole concept. But let me tell you, the idea of being able to drive my car to a huge lot, see 10-15 food trucks that I can choose from, and have so many choices all in one places I pretty cool to me. I guess we are spoiled. I'll definitely be going back, I don't care what you say.
I had some pretty interesting BBQ Chicken on Cheesy Grits from WOW!
Never would have thought of that combo, but it was pretty fabulous.
Also, I posted this picture on Instagram with the hashtag WOW, and that's dangerous because it took me to some porno which I definitely thought was banned on Instagram and now I'm scarred for life.
We had the best time! If you're ever in Atlanta, I definitely recommend checking out both the Georgia Aquarium and the Food Truck Park.














Sounds like a fun weekend! I love going to aquariums. And once I somehow managed to stumble on some nasty photos on instagram. Now I'm afraid to click on hashtags hahah
ReplyDeleteI hate that happened to you, but I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I think I might be afraid to click on them now too haha ;)
DeleteHow fun!!! The food truck park sounds amaze. We have them out here and i LOVE them. My favorite is the Lobstah truck (i know, i know, it sounds gross, but SO good), and the waffle truck. yum yum. Glad you had a good weekend :)
ReplyDelete