Wednesday, April 8, 2015

#blalockbash: Who's Next?

When it came time to wrap up all our dancing, it was time to determine who the next to wed would be. I hear that many weddings are not including a bouquet or garter toss anymore and that it's apparently an outdated tradition. Well, call me outdated because we definitely included it in our wedding.

It cracks me up that the ladies will go crazy for catching a bouquet, but the guys hang back as far as possible.








My baby cousin got the garter, he was 14 at the time and living proof that short people can have tall babies. There's hope for me yet!

Next Wednesday will be the last Wedding Wednesday for this little lady. As sad as I am to be wrapping up my wedding recaps, it has been almost 7 months since the big day. I guess, it's time to say good-bye, next week that is...
_______________________________________________________________

Videography: Hammond Studios
Florals : JL Designs
DJ / Photo Booth: Spectrum Entertainment
Bridal Gown: Galina @ David’s Bridal
Shoes: DSW
Bridal Bracelet: David’s Bridal
Bridal Earrings: Charming Charlie
Hair Combs: Ulta
Bridal Hair: Nichole Kendall
Bridal Make-Up: LACE Cosmetics
Groom & Groomsmen Suits: Savvi Formalwear
Groom’s Tie: Macy’s
Groom’s Watch: Kohl’s
Bridesmaid Dresses: Formally Yours
Bridesmaid Hair: Kaylan Spell
Bridesmaid Earrings: Walk on the Moon

BorrowedHeaven

5 comments :

  1. I am with you- the bouquet and garter toss are still very fun traditions! So sad you only have one Wedding Wednesday post left. I'll miss reading about the #blalockbash ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh -- your venue was gorgeous! Also, we did both, as well. Sometimes old traditions are fun ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! It always gets me how wild girls go for the flowers and how not into it the guys are! I love the twinkly lights you had! It’s been seven months for us too – what was your date?! I’m wrapping up my wedding Wednesday posts in the next couple weeks, haha it’s time to move on for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I love that your 14 year old cousin caught the garter! We did a bouquet toss, and I was a little sad that Mike's cousin who is engaged caught it. I was hoping his sister would :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your yellow shoes! I wasn't sure about the garter toss but I think we will probably still do it, it's tradition after all! :)

    ReplyDelete