Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Tone It Up

By now, you've probably heard everyone singing Tone It Up's praises. The #bikiniseries is now in it's third week. I've seen the TIU hashtag all over blogs lately and you may have even wondered why it hasn't shown up on this one.

Well... it is now. I've been participating in the Bikini Series for the last two weeks (although I had a little bit of trouble sticking to the plan last week thanks to my husband's birthday). I'm beyond amazed to already be seeing results. I hadn't posted any photos because I'm incredibly embarrassed to show the world how out of shape I let myself get in my first six months of marriage. I easily gained 10 pounds after we got married and basically just stopped living my typical healthy lifestyle.

So, I'm coming clean and showing you my two week results and committing myself to a few more goals for the remainder of the Bikini Series.





1.
Commit to morning workouts.
I have the hardest time getting up in the mornings. I'm actually a morning person, I never sleep late. However, there's a big difference in getting up early and actually being productive and exercising at 5:00 AM. For the remainder of the series, I'd really like to commit to morning workouts. I'll only have to get up early for 4 more weeks (20 days), then this teacher can get up and exercise whenever she wants!

2.
Drink water!
I'm already pretty good about drinking water. I've cut out almost everything else over the last two weeks. I've also been adding lemon juice (from real lemons) to my morning water. I think it's helping to flush out toxins and water weight.

3.
Double up on the HIIT Workouts.
Because I'm doing the free version of the Bikini Series, my workouts are shorter than the workouts of the people who may be doing the actual Beach Babe DVDs. I'd really like to start doubling up my HIIT workouts into 2 rounds. Even if I have to do a morning round and an evening round, I need to get in that extra cardio.

4.
Take measurements.
In all honesty, I haven't lost any weight over the last two weeks, at least not according to the scale. But I do feel and look a lot better. One of my biggest regrets is not taking measurements when I originally began the program. I need to make time this week to take measurements and keep track of how many inches I'm losing. While I'd love to lose about 10 pounds (I'm only 5'0", so it's totally acceptable), losing inches is much better than losing weight.

If you're interested in joining the Bikini Series, it's not too late! Visit the website to learn more. You can purchase nutritional plans and workout DVDs or take the cheap route like me, and use all the amazing, free resources on the TIU Youtube Channel.

No comments :

Post a Comment