Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Father's Day 2017 || Baby's First Father's Day

Good news! We finally got to celebrate a holiday where McKinley was in a great mood. What good luck for her daddy.

We started our Father's Day Weekend with lots of traveling on Saturday. One of Brad's cousins recently got engaged and had an engagement party early that afternoon. Her party happened to be about halfway in between our house and my parents' house so we decided to head there after the party.

My dad smoked a Boston butt so we had homemade BBQ, macaroni and cheese, potato salad, coleslaw, baked beans, and banana pudding for dinner. My parents invited my grandparents and my aunt over to celebrate Father's Day Weekend with us as well. It's always fun getting to bring McKinley to see my family since they don't live super close by.




We ended up heading back to our house around 7 PM Saturday evening because McKinley does not nap well away from home and she was ready for bed! If you read our Mother's Day post, you'll know that she gave me the gift of a really rough night for my first Mother's Day, but she decided to sleep until 8 AM on Father's Day. Brad is clearly the favorite.

Since she was sleeping so well, I was able to make Brad a Father's Day breakfast of pancakes and bacon and spend some time together before she woke up to join us.

Once McKinley was up for the day, we spent lots of time playing with Daddy and snuggling on the couch. We also took Brad out to lunch at Top Dawg Tavern and ran by the grocery store to stock up on necessities for his Father's Day dinner. McKinley was great at lunch. She's not quite big enough to sit up in a highchair yet so she sat next to us and played in her car seat while we ate.


Everyone watching baseball.
We try not to let her watch TV too often, but this was super cute.




McKinley took a great nap that afternoon while I made brownies for dessert. She typically takes three naps a day but only took two on Father's Day so we put her to bed a little early and I started prepping and cooking Brad's favorite meal. I typically make Shrimp & Grits, by request, for most special occasions at our house. In fact, the last time I made this was for Brad's birthday back in April. I use this recipe [with a few tweaks] (which I actually blogged about making for the first time three years ago, WOAH.)


We ate dinner and dessert after McKinley went to bed, watched the end of the US Open golf tournament and the newest episode of "Next Food Network Star". Brad also got to open his
Father's Day gifts and we turned in relatively early after our super relaxing day spent mostly at home. Brad is a pretty low-key guy and making him happy isn't hard to do.

I'm so glad he enjoyed his Father's Day Weekend because he is the BEST daddy to our little girl!

No comments :

Post a Comment