Monday, June 24, 2013

Backstory, Part II

This is the rest of the story, continued from my first backstory post...

However, over time we really started talking about getting married and he really wanted to continue living together. I wanted to continue working and teaching but more than anything I want to be with Brad and I felt like at this point we would be moving backwards if I didn't move to South Carolina too. I really thought about commuting to my job from Greenville but after I tried the 1 1/2 hour one-way drive a few times I decided against it.

So I resigned from my job and moved to Greenville to be with my boyfriend/best friend - who by the way has since bought an engagement ring for me, but that's another story. I didn't quite think that I'd be in the exact same position I was in when I graduated college though - the story of looking for a job but not being able to find one.

Greenville County had about 2 general education elementary teacher jobs open (that's all I'm currently qualified to teach, Pre-K thru 5th grades) and of course those went so fast. Surrounding counties had only 1 job open and I'm waiting to hear if that has closed too. Sometimes it's funny how things work out. I know that current substitues and student teachers will all get interviewed before me but I also know that while there are few things I'm really good at, teaching is one of them. I'll get the chance to teach again, maybe substituting can help me get my foot in the door. If not, then maybe I'll have a wedding to plan this year instead.

XO, Morgan

No comments :

Post a Comment