In case my about me leaves you wondering, here's the whole story of how I got to where I am now.
Last August, I finally and officially, for good (hopefully), moved out of my parent's house. I had just gotten my first teaching job and it was in North Carolina. Now, until this point, I had lived in the exact same house about 30 minutes north of Atlanta, Georgia since the day I came home from the hospital (with the exception of my 1st semester of college at Valdosta State and my junior year at Kennesaw State). I was totally not looking forward to moving to NC, all my friends and family, with the exception of my boyfriend, lived in Georgia. However, I was looking forward to teaching and at that point in time there was an extreme hiring freeze pretty much all over the North GA school districts.
So I moved to NC and moved in with my boyfriend. Something I had told myself I would NEVER do. I wanted to be married, we had already been dating for over 4 years at that time, and I never thought I would live with a boy before I married him. I just wasn't raised to do that. However, the prospect of being alone in NC trumped living with my boyfriend and my parents and other family all agreed that my moving in with Brad would be in my/our best interest both finacially and for safety reasons. (Is it weird that at 22 and a working college graduate I felt like I need to get permission for this? Oh well, that's the South I guess.)
Anyway, long story short. Brad and I moved in together. He worked for an international corporation at one of their locations in China Grove, NC (a.k.a. middle of nowhere) and I taught Kindergarten in Charlotte, NC at one of the best schools CMS has. In January, Brad was promoted again (a promotion was what got him from GA to NC originally) and moved to SC. I was planning to continue teaching and living in NC and seeing him on the weekends.
But clearly, that was not how the story went...
No comments :
Post a Comment