1.
A Mostly Organized Apartment:
Since I moved in with my boyfriend almost two weeks ago, I have really only lived here for less than a week. I was gone for over a week doing things back in GA with my family. So, this week I have been unpacking, organizing, and cleaning. I'm totally running out of space to put things - our previous apartment was a little bit bigger. So most of the clutter is going to a storage unit - eventually. Until then, I'm almost done unpacking and then comes the fun part - decorating!
2.
Chipper Jones's Jersey Retirement
This afternoon, Brad and I are roadtripping down to Atlanta for a Braves' game. This will be our first of the season, something really unheard of for us - we've normally been to at least 4 or 5 by now. But tonight's is special - Chipper Jones's jersey is being retired and he's being inducted into Braves' Hall of Fame - it's a huge event. The boyfriend is a huge Chipper fan. Brad actually played baseball all the way through college and his college jersey number was the same as Chip's (#10) and he even chose the same walkout song ("Crazy Train" - Ozzy Osborne). It's a little much for me but his man crush is kind of cute. We're excited to be back home and we're going with Brad's sister and brother-in-law. His sister, Allison, is almost 8 months pregnant so I'm curious to see how she handles the heat at the Ted.
3.
Baby Shower!
As mentioned previously, Brad's sister Allison is pregnant. This is her and her husband Trae's first baby. It's going to be a little boy and while he doesn't have a name yet - at least not that they're telling us - we're all excited to meet the little peanut. This will be the second official shower that I've been to for Allison, but Brad and I definitely went a little crazy shopping for him as soon as we found out he was a boy. In Brad's mind we'll eventually get all these clothes and things back if we have a boy one day so it's actually an investment all the money we've poured into him. But, we wouldn't have it any other way. I can't wait to meet him, even if I'll only be his pseudo-aunt until Brad and I become officially engaged. Anyway, this shower will be with Brad's dad's side of the family and I can't wait to see them - I don't think we've seen them since Christmas. And since it's ladies only, I'm sure Brad will be off playing golf somewhere.
Presents! Mine are in the blue bag in the left and the present my mom (who will be on her way to the beach during the shower) is sending in the brown basket on the right. So excited!
4.
Vacation Awaits
After today we only have 5 days left until we leave for our 10 day vacation on the beautiful beaches of Siesta Key, FL. Brad and I will be spending a whole week by ourselves - the first real vacation we've ever taken together. However, when we first arrive in Florida on the Fourth of July my family (mom, dad, sister) and some of Brad's family (mom, stepdad, and grandmother) will also be at the beach until the following Saturday. It'll be a little family affair that I'm really excited about. I also have a feeling that Brad may finally propose while we're down there. I've had this feeling lots of times though and haven't been right yet so we'll have to see...
5.
Clothes Sale
Yesterday I went to my local Plato's Closet to try and sell some of my clothes that I no longer wear anymore. With moving into a new apartment, my boyfriend and I are sharing a closet for the first time ever and I needed to make some room (I have WAY too many clothes). So I took two big canvas bags with something like 35 items of clothing and let the people at Plato's go through them. They ended up accepting 10 items and I made $32 - which is actually the most I've ever made in the 3 times I've sold at Plato's. This is kind of a ripoff when you think about how much I probably spent on those 10 items but in a way it's like free money (kind of?). Anyway, it may not be a lot but it is (almost) enough to go and get a mani/pedi before the beach, which my boyfriend mentioned was a good idea...
What 5 things are you excited about this week?


Tonight will be a perfect time for a Braves game. They are my absolute favorite things to do in the summertime. Have fun!
ReplyDeleteStumbled upon your blog from the 5 on Friday linkup. Absolutely love it! Do you have a way for people to follow your blog?
ReplyDeleteHi and thank you! I just decided to start blogging last month, and I guess I forgot that people might actually want to follow me. I think I may have it all set up now :)
DeleteI used to love Chipper Jones, even met him in high school! Neat event you're going to.
ReplyDeleteAhh, $32 from Plato's is good, I never have that kind of luck. Enjoy the game!
ReplyDelete