Monday, June 3, 2013

Ending/Beginning

Today marked the last Monday of my first year of teaching. And the first day of the last week of school. It's crazy just how incredibly fast that first year flew by. I'm so amazingly sad to be ending my first year, something I never thought I'd be saying when I started the year last August.

I'm supposed to be teaching 1st Grade next year, instead of Kindergarten, and today I met my class for next year. It's going to be such an amazing class, full of lots of precious little babies, including a few of my own from this year. They all came to see me this morning looking so excited and a little nervous. We checked out our new classroom (I'm changing rooms next year), talked about the curriculum, got to know each other, and colored some pictures. They were with me for probably 30 minutes but I already have parents telling me how excited their kids are to have me and a few new drawings to hang on my desk next year. This fills my heart with so much joy to know that I have made such an impact on those little guys.

But, these wonderful little kiddos won't really be mine next year and that breaks my heart. This morning I completed my resignation and exit survey to resign from my teaching job. Not because I don't want to be a teacher anymore (that's all I've ever wanted to do, besides be a wife and a mother) or even because I have another job. I'm leaving because my heart is telling me to leave Charlotte, NC for Greenville, SC.

I'm not going back to my family or friends in Atlanta and this marks my 3rd state in less than a year. But I am going to my future. I'm leaving my job, which I adore, to follow my boyfriend of 5+ years to South Carolina. As much as I love my job and my little babies, I know in my heart that I need to be with the person I love more than all that. So, I'm going to Greenville - currently jobless and soon to be broke - to be with Brad, who finally took me engagement ring shopping last weekend.

Even though one chapter of my life is ending, it's looks like a brand new one could be starting any minute.
XO

No comments :

Post a Comment