1.
Cookie Dough Oreos
With my wedding a little over 6 months away, I really should be watching what I eat and I try to. Except then I finally caved and tried the new Cookie Dough Oreos. They are AH-MAZING. At least I think they are. Do they taste like cookie dough? Um, not at all. I think they taste like caramel. Luckily (or unluckily?) for me, I love caramel. More please.
2.
Waterlogue
I'm still mad at myself for paying $2.99 for this app, but it is pretty awesome. You can upload any photo from your camera roll or take any photo and this app turns it into a watercolor painting. There are many different watercolor effects (think Instagram) but my favorite is the Natural effect. I love how while you're waiting for your photo to be turned into a watercolor (takes about 30 seconds) you get to watch the whole process (sketch, multiple layers of paint, etc.). Not all photos look good as a watercolor though. I've noticed that super detailed pictures look weird as do close up photos of people or animals. I think it's worth it though because the ones that do look good, may be getting printed out and hung on my walls.
How cute do the cupcakes from our wedding tasting look as a watercolor?
And our Christmas tree from last year...
Don't even get me started on how adorable my cat is.
3.
PlayBuzz
I waste so much time. Especially now that I live in a hotel, we really need a permanent place to live SOON. Anyway, in the hours between when I would get done teaching and Brad would come home from work, I used to prepare our dinners, clean up around our home, get things ready for the next day. Now I have basically none of that to do. So I've rediscovered the internet. And with that came Buzzfeed quizzes. Apparently those have gotten so popular, so fast that now there's PlayBuzz. If you're wanting to waste as much time as me, you have to have a look. Set aside a few minutes (or hours).
4.
Save the Dates
So we finally decided on our Save the Dates! Yay, it's about time. We are so close to when we need to send them out... Like WAY too close. Remember earlier when I said we're almost six months from our wedding, it's like our Save the Dates should have gone out by now... Anyway, I can't say enough good things about Jessica over at OhDarlingPaper. I just love Etsy and I'm so glad it led me to her little store front.
5.
Running
Once upon a time I loved running. I ran every day. Sometimes more than once a day. I was never a marathon runner by any means. And I was never fast, even if I ran every day. Then I got a severe case of tendinitis and had to take about 9 months off of running in order for my foot to heal (and by heal I mean return to its normal size after it had swollen out of my shoe). I tried running again after I had healed from my injury but I just never got back into running like I was before. Recently I started running again! And better than that, I'm starting to really enjoy it again. My resolution for this year is to run 12 5Ks (at least) in 12 months. I have ran two so far and plan to run two more in April. I've found that paying to run actually gets me motivated to run.
Cupcake Road Race 5K
Running for the free cupcakes at the end, duh.
And you can link up all your weekly favorites too by clicking the button below.
Have a fabulous weekend!









Doing 12 5ks in 12 months is a fun goal! I ran my first one last year and loved it! It's too cold and there is too much snow here in Michigan to run outside right now, but I'm signed up for another 5k in May, and I've been using the treadmill a little. Glad your foot is feeling better and you can enjoy running again!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I am ashamed to admit that my injury was probably 4 years ago... Oh well, better late than never to get back to running :) Hopefully Michigan warms up soon and you can get outside - I always love that so much more than the treadmill!
DeleteYAY for save the dates! You'll feel so good after you get them out :)
ReplyDeleteRight?! I feel like the wedding will finally feel real then :)
Delete