Monday, March 10, 2014

the real me.



You know those blogs where everything seems perfect? Where the homes are perfectly decorated and immaculately clean. The kids are gorgeous and never have anything crusted to their faces. The authors behind them are incredibly dressed in designer clothing and their Pinterest projects never fail. They're also crazy stupid in love and take amazing vacations with their models husbands. Those are the blogs every woman loves to read. These blogs have hundreds, maybe thousands, of readers and nobody ever questions why nothing goes wrong in their lives. I love those blogs. Except I always read them like

Not that. Not that at all. My life is pretty great. But it's a lot of mess too. I don't think I just show the perfect on this blog. I mean, I can't imagine anyone would ever be confused into thinking my life was that kind of perfect, especially since I get the majority of my clothes at Old Navy. Anyway, why is it that we never share the mess? We never want anyone to know that we aren't perfect. And I don't know why, because not perfect is way more fun. 

So today, I'm letting you in my inner circle. 
The real me. The me that my friends in real life get to see. 
And it's not pretty. But it is fabulous.

Enjoy.

Um, currently I live in hotel.
I LIVE IN A HOTEL.
This wins every fight I have with my friends about who has it worse lately.
Let me tell you, it's not nearly as glamorous as The Palace on Gossip Girl.

Also, I'm broke. 
Like trying to figure out how to defer my student loans broke.
But I remember when I was rich

Someone give me a job.
I promise I'm a good teacher.
Brad's job is fabulous and I'm so glad it has provided so much for us and all the places we've lived are cool.
But we need to stop moving and I need a job, ASAP.

So that's why you won't see me in designer clothes anytime soon.
You'll also probably never see me strutting around in a bikini and posting photos of that on here either.
For two reasons.
First,

and second,

Other things you should know,
I feel like I say too many curse words to be considered a real lady. Even though you'd never guess that.
I like love wine (I honestly don't drink that often though). My favorite way to spend my weekends is wine nights with my friends. 

Even though I think my life sucks right now, I think I'm pretty fabulous.


So there.
Let's be friends.
The real us.
We can leave the blog us on the internet, where they belong.

1 comment :

  1. Such a great post...I feel the exact same way. My life isn't perfect, and I'm learning to accept that and be happy with everything I do have, instead of being sad about what I don't have. And kudos to you for putting your REAL self out here for all of us to read about :)

    ReplyDelete