Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: What We've Been Up To

We're are getting back into planning mode here lately. The engagement party made me inspired to jump back into planning. As did my Knot.com wedding checklist, which had a few past dues on it...

Here is our updated checklist (which I've heard is rather lengthy, but it doesn't feel too long to me, yet).
 
Set a date {09.20.14}
Book venue {The Cotton Warehouse}
Book photographer {George Street Photo & Video}
Book videographer (?) 
Book DJ {Spectrum Entertainment}
Ask bridal party to be in wedding
Book caterer {Beyond Details}
Register {Pottery Barn & Bed, Bath, & Beyond}
Book florist
Buy wedding dress {I'm going dress shopping this weekend!}
Book ceremony musician
Have engagement party {10.12.13}
Take engagement pictures
Select bridesmaid dresses
Select and order groom & groomsmen attire
Book cake baker
Buy cake knife & server
Order save the dates  
Finalize guest list   
Send save the dates    
Book officiant
Book Photo Booth {Spectrum Entertainment}
Hotel room blocks
MOB & MOG dress shopping
Find wedding shoes
Find wedding jewelry
Find dress lingerie/garter
Book makeup artist & hair stylist
Hair & make up trial
Final hair trial
Dress Measurements 
1st dress fitting
2nd dress fitting
Order invitations {I just ordered about 5 different invitation samples to look over.}
Mail invitations
Book rehearsal dinner venue
Buy Rehearsal Dinner dress
Order koozies for rehearsal dinner
Make & Paint Corn Horn Boards for RD
Buy bridal party gifts
Make bridal party gift tags 
Bachelorette party
Make DIY Décor for Reception (Vases/Signs/Etc.) {We will be using a lot of the decor from the engagement party for this, yay, repurposing!)
Purchase wedding bands
Get marriage license
Book transportation from reception to hotel
Book honeymoon & Get Passports
Rehearsal Dinner invitations
Groom's cake
Buy Alcohol for Reception
Book Hotel for Night Before & Saturday Day (My Family & Bridal Party)
Music selections to band and ceremony artist
Book wedding night hotel room  
Order thank you notes
Wedding Day - become Mr. & Mrs. B!!!
 
In the past week we have booked both our DJ and photo booth. We decided to go with Spectrum Entertainment (despite their pretty outdated website) because they have given us such personalized service. They cut pretty good deals when you book multiple services from them and we decided to go with this package. We had considered using videography from this company, but have decided to look elsewhere, if we do it at all. Brad isn't so sure we need videography and I wasn't either until I started watching everyone's that I know. Now, I'm almost 100% positive I want a wedding video. I'm hoping to talk to Hammond Studios soon about their packages.
 
As I've mentioned before I'm going wedding dress shopping this weekend! I'm starting at David's Bridal as Brad's mom used to be a bridal consultant. Yes, used to be. There goes the discount I was hoping for, lol! Although she's no longer working there (Not to be political but, "Thanks Obama". Literally, David's Bridal Corporate laid off full-time employees to part-time to keep from having to offer insurance so she's gone to work elsewhere), she still encouraged me to go in to her old store. I was never really counting on a discount anyway, so it will be good to finally try on a dress! I'm going to be honest and admit I'm really not that excited about trying on dresses. Am I even a bride? I feel like I can't find dresses nearly as beautiful as the ones I love on Pinterest (Thanks Internet). I'm also worried that dresses won't look good on me. I'm so short (seriously, I claim 5'0", but I'm really 4'11 1/2") and I'm afraid dresses will either be too big on me, low cut backs will show my butt crack/show my gigantic, disgusting scar [another long story], or I'll look like the dress is wearing me instead of the other way around. Talk about body issues.
 
I can't wait for our wedding invitation samples to come in. I went a little sample happy on Etsy and ordered at least 5 samples. I love that Etsy shops offer you the ability to customize your invitations way more than many invitation companies and are so incredibly affordable. I'm hoping that we really love one of the samples and can go ahead and order our invitations or at least get the customization process started. I'm not sure if it's too soon to actually order them. When I mentioned to Brad that I was ordering samples, he wanted to know why looking at pictures on the computer wasn't good enough. Silly boys.  

Chits and Giggles

5 comments :

  1. definitely get a wedding video. i PROMISE you won't regret it!!! let me know if you have any questions about doing it! i will get you over the fence!! ;)


    xx
    elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Get a wedding video. I am obsessed with watching peoples and it was one of my #1 things that I had to have. You won't regret it!

    Also, look around at other bridal places besides just David's Bridal. Yes, their dresses are cheaper than most, but not always. The dress I bought is from a different salon than David's but David's has a dress very similar to the one I got. And my dress was cheaper than the David's dress. So shop around. Also, know what you are looking for (if you can) so that can narrow down the options. And you can have the dress shortened or anything to have it fit you perfectly. Don't worry about that. They will make it fit you like a glove!

    ReplyDelete
  3. morgan--I found your blog from southern bloggers! Have so much fun trying on dresses this weekend! Soak it all in :)

    meagan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog through the link up! Have fun trying on dresses and try not to stress too much! They'll be able to alter it for you (I'm 5'3 and my dress definitely had to be hemmed a few inches even with my high heels on!)

    Oh and I second looking around too. You never know where else you might find your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll look gorgeous no matter what! Have fun with it! :)

    ReplyDelete